D'brickashaw Ferguson

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Soxcat, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

The last 2 posts are the big reasons why I'd take several guys before Brick. The other is a deep draft at that position (if we could set ourselves up to get a good one later...and if we even need to : Roos).

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I don't know if Roos is what you'd call a "dominating" run blocker either. I'd take a Colledge or McNeill type in that capacity. Two twinkle toes OTs...?

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Brickashaw is pure muscle right now at just under 300 lbs. He has plenty of room to add weight and become a dominant run blocker. He has already shown he is capable by adding 15 lbs since the end of his season.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

So let's explore some possibilites. If Cutler continues to rise, and more importantly than the top 10, let's say he goes top 7 - btw, whoever said the Raiders (BiPolar) aren't QB hungry, don't be surprised if they draft Cutler at #6 or trade up. If Moss wasn't on the team already, I could see Davis going for Culpepper, so in my mind, they're a possibility. SF could use the Brick, no question, and GB could be tempted - I've heard rumors (not in a while) that they could take another QB even though they just drafted Rodgers.

1) Houston - Reggie Bush; Vince Young b/up
    2) New Orleans - Jay Cutler (enough people convinced he's better than Leinart); VY b/up
    3) Titans - trade out; Raiders take Young. Titans get #6, #38 and whatever else your imagination desires.
    4) Jets - Leinart; consider LenDale White, D Williams
    5) Green Bay - DeAngelo Williams; considered White, AJ Hawk
    6) Titans take Ferguson

Titans could probably trade all the way back to #7 and have a chance at getting either a QB or Ferguson, IMO.

I can see Leinart falling or Cutler not rising. Detroit and Arizona could want a QB, so I wouldn't think going below 7 is very feasible.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Of course on the flip side, Kubiak could become convinced of what we all know, Ferguson is the Texans' best bet. If they forego a trade, they could take him at #1.

Then we're in a jam I'd say. QB or Bush? Doubt NO takes Bush, but it would make things a little easier

Also, our position would instantly lose a little value I'd say, unless Bush fell to us and someone wanted him. There would be two QBs for us to choose between.

What if it were Leinart and Bush? All eyes on Chow?

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No way we could pass on Bush.

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I think if the Texans end up taking the Brick at number 1 (more possible than some think), NO, with their cap trouble, would probably trade out to the best offer available. So unless someone trades up for Young or Leinart, I don't think Bush can possibly land in our lap.

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

BC DE dinged... According to the Scout.com folks reporting on the Fox Sports site, Boston College DE Mathias Kiwanuka is questionable for Saturday's game after he was forced to leave the field Wednesday after going down with a shoulder injury. While Kiwanuka did come back and finish the session, he was held out of Thursday workout and will undergo X-rays to determine if there is possible ligament damage to his shoulder. If the X-rays are negative, Kiwanuka will play on Saturday; otherwise, he will not.

Looks like the Brick beat poor Kiwi up.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Not sure about that. New Orleans needs a QB desperately. I think unless Houston takes Bush #1, or someone trades up to get him, which will be extremely steep, I think the likelihood grows that Bush ends up in our lap. If he goes past #1, it's a huge possibility.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Wonder what the comments will be, looking from outside the organization, if we take Bush. Will it be the same as with the Texans who should take Ferguson? I mean, with Hopkins' retirement closing in, we could use him, sure, and with McNair's, a QB. People's first reaction will be - 3 starting RBs on that roster?

Oh but the O will be explOsive! (couldn't resist that)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar