D'brickashaw Ferguson

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Soxcat, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm curious. Do people think D'Brickashaw is an upgrade immediately over Hopkins? Or would that point where he surpasses him come later?

That could be a poll in and of itself, but I'll leave it under this thread.

If he were an immediate upgrade, I'd give him a little more consideration. As it stands now, I have him #4 on my board, giving Leinart the BOD. Matty boy could be THE QB pick for us after all, you never know. But if having D'Brickashaw helps McNair play better now, then that's worthy of a "hmmm...".

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

NO have cap troubles?

who do they pay?

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Well, it probably won't be Brooks for much longer. McCallister, I'd say. Heard Benson was notoriously budget-minded, being nice.

Aren't the Jets in the most trouble near the top?

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Cap withstanding even, if I were NO and Bush fell to me at number 2 I would be looking to drop down a few spots and pick up another pick. They will end up paying less, still probably get a possible franchise QB and have another pick or two to boot.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i wold not be shocked if the Saints dropped out of the 1st round altogether

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

upon further review :brow: I can't see how the Saints are in cap trouble and the Colts are not (just as an example).

Benson is a scrooge and the Jets are near the top with Oakland (and who do they pay outside of Randy Moss)

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

GLinks,
    I may be on my own, but I'd gladly take brick starting over hopkins next season. I'm hoping we cut hopkins whether or not we take brick. He was offsides all the damn time, and besides the first colts game, I don't remember any time where he really had a solid game. He might still be better than many of the other OTs in the draft, but I think brick would be a straight up improvement by week 1.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

3) Tennessee Titans D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
    Billy Volek has done well when called upon behind McNair, and Vince Young is not the best fit for a Norm Chow offense.

that was well put, he's right
    as electric as Young is (can be) he might not fit the scheme
    under Dinger he might have

10. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

ummmm, Volek is the same way. Volek fit Dinger's scheme, that's why he had the success he did. Under Chow, Volek hasn't shown anything. So, that comment to me is rubbish. You pass on Vince and Leinhart, who's left? Cutler will be gone and then who? Whitehurst, Hackney, Jacobs? No thank you. If the Titans pass on the two top signal callers then this franchise is in deep ****. Your not always going to find a Brady in the later rounds.....

Also, in reply to this thread, I could see us taking the Brick if we were in the 4th and 5th slot and Vince and Leinhart weren't there. When we took Hoppy, there weren't any top signal callers, so the decision was easy: take your franchise LT and then get your QB later. So the question is, "Do you take your franchise QB or a possible franchise LT?". The QB pick is much more sexier and if we turn this next season around, it would ease the fanbase of knowing the post-McNair era is already cleared up. On the other hand, Brick could possibly help us out right away, but then we don't have a QB to replace McNair and I'll be damned if I pay money to watch Volek do his damned Drew Bledsoe impression. "Get a QB next year"...ok who? Brady Quinn won't "hopefully" be in our reach next year.(I say hopefully, because I hope we turn this around next year.) So who's left? I don't know guys, the Brick doesn't seem so "safe" to me as many make him out to be. We need to improve the running game and from what it sounds like, that's not his forte.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar