D'brickashaw Ferguson

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Soxcat, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I don't think with our current O-Line and talent on offense that any QB we can bring in next year would have a prayer of being successful. IMO we should get some upgrades so that any QB we bring in will be successful.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I like Troy Smith (OhioState) that kid is money

Brady Quinn will be in plenty reach, it's not like he'll be a top10 pick

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I think he's a lock for the top 10... he was highly recruited out of high school which leads me to believe that someone thought alot of his arm. He hasn't been hurt that I know of. He had an excellent season last year and is working with what was the top O-coordinator in the game so his mechanics should be solid. If he follows up last season with another stellar year he's probably looking at a top 3 selection I would think.

4. Joe Z.

Joe Z. Guest

At this point in his career, B-Hop would be best as the primary tackle backup, mentoring all the young O-line players. But I doubt his pride gets out of the way for him to do that...

And yes, Brick is an immediate upgrade to him. Remember, we will be playing Dwight Freeney twice a year, and with his elite quickness, Brick will be able to handle him way more than any other player on our roster.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I seriously doubt he's added 15 lbs of muscle in a few months....legally anyway. I've read he's worked for 3 years to add 30 lbs, and he's still isn't 30. Not all people can just add weight easily. People have different frames, different metabolisms.....the only sure fact is he is not a 330+ mauler with quick feet now. In this draft, if I'm picking at 3, I'd want that type of LT.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

By George, I think he's got it! :)

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

GT3801 - I wonder...I really do. Brick has some massive appeal when I forget about the so-called "sexy" draft picks. Hopkins has experience, but whoever said Brick's arms were like telephone poles...that was a great analogy. Thing is, Hopkins can still play. He did "Twitch" more than normal, but I don't think he sunk quite to "False Start Fred" status.

I'm considering summoning RollTide for some stats on this one...considering...considering...:suspect: (j/k). Whoever knows, I'm keen to learn. Maybe I'll even look it up myself...a novel idea.

Brick would certainly bring some freshness to the line, but even a brick wall can hit a...well, you know.

If only there were one less QB in the top of this draft, this would be a whole lot clearer. CURSE THIS BLESSED DRAFT! :lol:

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

damn !!!!!

why would he want to add that much weight ? :ha:

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Becuase the future is 600 lb linemen.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

You know, I hate to say it, but Leinart most resembles Brady in this draft. He's an undisguised Brady, with Brady's NFL success, but in college.

Counter argument to the OT v QB debate. Jeff and others have brought it up. Take Ferguson, reach for a QB later. Take a QB, still get a top quality OT later.

We did draft Roos to be LT after all. He's smart enough to be versatile. We can take the best available in the 2nd. I'd almost guess Whitworth, Callaghan, Colledge and Scott will be available when we pick in the 2nd. All considered punishing run blockers and capable to above-average pass protectors. To me they sound like good complements to Roos, and two or three of them can play either side as well.

In the end, that's probably my draft strategy, so I can fill both needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar