DE- Could Kevin Carter be a solution?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Carter wasn't an option at DE the last season he was here. But for the vet minimum, I'm sure he could put him on the rotation at DT.

2. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Definatly. I would almost be willing to bet it is a sure thing that Kevin Carter signs with the Titans if he is let go by the Dolphins, which may very well happen especially since they don't have much money right now. Not only did Kevin love it here, he was loved here by the players, coaches (especially Fisher), fans, and city. Didn't he cry in front of the team when he was let go by us or something? Plus his friend Kevin Mawae is here as well. I think he would definatly be great fit. Actually I wouldn't mind seeing him starting at either DT or DE.

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

KC back would be awesome.. some more leadership on the defensive side..

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Carter might be at the end of his career, but I think he'd still receive more than the vet minimum wherever he goes. I also don't think if given the choice he'd want to leave Miami. He's doing alright in Miami, certainly no real slip in production since he was here, but I don't know where he'd fit in here anymore. It's not like he's not still Kevin Carter, but what is that nowadays? I'd almost feel like they were bringing him back for an encore.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Bring him back for his Trumpet playing national anthem skills.

6. Nash

Nash Starter

Carter's home and family are still here in Nashville/Brentwood area.. I can definitely see him playing DT next to Haynesworth, rotating with Starks, who need some mentoring also...

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

He was on Sirius "Late Hits" yesterday PM. He was "on fire" on the show. They were heaping lots of praise on his leadership etc. Nothing mentioned about being let go by dolphins.

Didn't the Dolphins let him go last year and re-sign him? I vaguely remember something like that. We were in cap hell then. I hope they try it again. I was totally shocked when he left. I thought he'd be here until retirement.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

About his leadership: he's a good guy in the lockerroom and all...BUT...he didn't really start being vocal vocal until 2004...when he had to...kind of like Bulluck. Plus, he sounds like he's always imitating a white guy. I have a hard time taking his "intensity" seriously sometimes. He makes me laugh. Don't get me wrong. The content of what he's saying most of the time is truth, but his delivery could use some work.

I heard him on that, too.

"Did I use too many big words for you?" was the funniest thing he said yesterday.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I saw on NFL ticker yesterday the Dolphins ARE likely to release him by Friday.

10. I'd bring him back for the right price,why not?The guys 34 but hes durable as hell.Hes never missed a game and hes going into his 13th season.Hes averaged 5 1/2 sacks the past 4 years so you take that in consideration with him rotating with Laboy.We all know Laboy is better playing a few snaps a series and when hes in there he gets pressure and sacks.If he can get right around 5-6 sacks this year with Carter you looking at 11 sacks from one side of the ball.Plus he can bump inside can help out on the line.The move is smart

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar