DE is still our #1 need.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Deuce Wayne, Apr 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Though I agree that DE is a need, I think the key is pressure from the middle and finding a DT who can get a push would make both Morgan and Wimbly much more effective.

That Haynesworth season spoiled me. Big Al was the key to the success of KVB and everyone playing behind him.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Bang on there. Best bet would be a first round pick. We do not need another mid round d lineman.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Let's end one myth right now. Quanterus smith did not dominate DJ Fluker. He had 3 sacks against Bama and 2 came from the other side against Cyrus Kouandjio. One actually against Kouandjio and Warmack both when he split them.

Kouandjio gave up 3.5 sacks all year and Fluker 4.

Fluker gave up just 4 sacks in 267 pass plays against all the names cited on the first post. He played against Mingo, Moore, Lemonier, Smith, jarvis Jones. He is the most underrated player with a first rd grade.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Sheldon Richardson?

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think Richardson is the best interior pass rusher in the draft. I would have no problem with us drafting him at #10. I would love to trade back and still get him or another player a few spots later.

6. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

If you don't think Ziggy is going to be a superstar in this league then you do not deserve to be on this board. 6'6" 270lbs, huge heart, dedicated hard worker and runs like a cornerback. That there equals all pro! Listen to his coach from byu and the scouts are saying the same thing. We have to get this guy!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Richardson is an interesting prospect because he did play DE in some situations at Missouri and apparently the FO is looking to start having a Kevin Carter on our DL (based on the comments about the Samoan DT who name I can't spell). Richardson would be a better fit for that role then SGWNICS.

I think a DL of Morgan - Martin - Hill - Richardson could work on 1st and 2nd downs and let us go WImbley - Richardson - (Hill/Martin/Casey) - (Morgan/Ayers) on 3rd down in passing situations.

8. titanbaknedkly

titanbaknedkly Starter

My ideal would be
    1. Ansah
    2. Hunt
    Ansah is going to be a beast. Big, strong, and fast athletic DE that can rush the passer but also hold up against the run. One thing I think that sets Ansah apart from the others is his intelligence and the ability to quickly incorporate what he learns into onfield production. At the Senior Bowl he looked lost during the practices but in the game went on to dominate. Hunt is the same but would move to the 3-tech DT position. This gives us great flexibility and allows us switch them a few plays a game like we use to do with KVB and Haynesworth.

This also goes with the theme the team is wanting to do by getting bigger and stronger up front on the D line. Hunt would give us a true 3-tech DT that is fast, quick, and strong that would be able to penetrate and put pressure on the QB from the middle of the line. I can see Hunt and Ansah getting doubles which would only help everyone else. I know people are high on Casey but he is not a 3-tech and neither is Martin, although I see Martin as a better 3 than Casey. Neither are athletic or fast enough to penetrate up the middle of the line to put pressure on the QB. Martin is a little better than Casey at this but both are solid against the run with me giving the edge to Martin as a better run stopper. The only problem is both are undersized and neither are suited to play the 1-tech because they cannot push and command doubles at that position either. In a running situation then they are good for those downs.

3. Da'Rick Rodgers WR as he gives us another weapon in the mold of a Julio Jones and gives us options in case we don't resign Britt.
    3b. Devin Taylor DE He is another big and fast DE that can come in on pass rushing downs and that we can develop the same way the Bengals did with Michael Johnson. He is the same mold as Johnson and you can't teach 6-7 with 36" arms and 87" wingspan. Also you can never have too many pass rushers. Also gives us some options going into 2014 with Morgan and especially Wimbley if he doesn't show improvement against the run and more sacks. Can't pay him that much only for being a situational pass rusher.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Ansah is who I'm wanting, but he'll be gone by #10. We'd have to trade up all the way to maybe #2 if we really wanted him.

10. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Thats actually a good idea of playing Hunt inside. I like it.

If we go DT in round 1, I think we should be looking at 2 mid rounders at the DE position

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar