De La Hoya - Mayweather

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by CRUDS, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

After 3 episodes of 24/7 I can no longer call myself a Mayweather fan. What an arrogant, poumpous-arse peckerwood.. I would really love to see De La Hoya pull one out just for old time's sake this Sat....

2. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

hes a boxer...what do you expect

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Mayweather is an obnoxious jerk, and very full of himself, but he is as genius a boxer as there has been since Pernell Whitiker. The whole point of the HBO series was to paint Mayweather as the antagonist, and De La Hoya as the good guy. It's a sales pitch, and it works obviously; De La Hoya sells the fights, but Mayweather will make it a masterpiece.

Prepare for a close, but unexciting (to average fans) fight. As much as people like you dislike Pretty Boy, he is still the pound for pound best in boxing. De La Hoya is not, and is not built to beat him. We shall see.

4. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

Doctor im picking Mayweather......haha

5. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I really hope this match lives up to its enormous hype, because it is going to be a long time before we see a boxing match of this magnitude again.

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

It won't. Floyd will be brilliant, and Pretty Boy being brilliant is NOT a fun show for casual fans. Sorry guys..

7. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

Floyd is going to destroy him

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Can't wait I'm ordering it on pay-per view. Floyd will win hands down he's to fast and his defense is top of the line.

The Golden Boy is a bit rusty and it will show.

And by the way you have to have to have a certain cockiness and swagger to be a boxer. If you walk in the ring doubting yourself your going to get your ace handed to you.

Look at Ali for example.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Well, it's fairly obvious who my boy is. But don't decide to dislike Floyd because of the way he's ACTING lately. That's all it is, an act. Sure, he's cocky, but he's not the a-hole he's pretending to be to hype this fight.
    I hate the way he's talking too, but I know it's all just an act for sales. He does believe he's the best ever, but I understand why he believes that. Every great fighter does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar