DE Quentin Moses

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Architect, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

What do you think of the value of Quentin Moses. He was one of the top rated if not the top rated Senior propects before the 2006 seasons. He put up good numbers his first 3 years but fell off during his senior campaign.

From NFLDRAFTCountdown.com:

"Strenghts: An outstanding athlete...Excellent natural pass rusher who just knows how to get after the quarterback...Very quick with a great burst to close...Makes a lot of plays behind the line of scrimmage...Plays faster than he times...Moves well in pursuit and covers a lot of ground...Has a nice frame with long arms...Versatile and has experience dropping into coverage...Fluid and changes direction well...Has a solid repertoire of pass rush moves...Smart and a hard worker with great intangibles.

Weeknesses: Undersized and needs to add some weight but he has the frame to get bigger...Is basically a liability against the run at this point...Timed speed is adequate but not special...Doesn't get much of a push...Strength is an issue...Not very physical...He will have to be coached up on his technique and work on mastering the nuances of the game...Did not live up to the expectations in 2006...May be forced to make a position change at the next level...Is he dedicated to and truly love the game?"

I wouldnt mind grabbing him in the second round, bc we need a DE bad. ESPECIALLY a pass rushing DE. Against the run hopefully Washburn can work on that, esp when he puts on weight.

Your thoughts?:suspect:

2. sounds like a good player, but he did aweful this year in college

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I'd take his fellow DE Charles Johnson before him. Johnson is a complete player hes not great at anything but good at everything and has good size with a lot of potential. He's also a good kid. Moses did terrible this year and had a bad combine...........now I'm not saying he isn't good or can't be good but how do you go from being a stud to a complete bust. Was he hurt or didn't care or something wasn't right which scares me a little. But come round 2 and he is there and a guy like Rice isn't I would give him a shot unless someone drops to our pick who looks very tempting.

4. I remember starting a thread about him, before the start of the season when he was the top ranked DE, I think he'll still go first round, perhaps early 2nd, but there are 3 or 4 guys who will probably go before him...

5. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

If he's there in the second, I would take him in a second. Yeah he sucked last year, but a lot of stars take it easy in their senior year to protect themselves. He clearly has loads of talent. If he can get back to the form he had in his junior year, he could be a really good player for years to come.

6. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Not that any Mockas are reliable but PLENTY have him going in between the late 2nd to a second day pick depending on who you ask. What scares me is the "liablity against the run" part. We need help with the pass rush and run D.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Depends on how we go in the first round. I'd be ok with dropping down to get him and picking up an extra second, but somewhere we need a DE.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I keep getting flashbacks to Kiwanuka, who was in the same position. So far the jury is still out on him, but he did play better than Williams, imo.

9. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

ill do some more research on this moses guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar