DE you never hear about until draft time.............

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by bongo59, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, but both of those guys were day 2 picks.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Allen had almost 40 sacks in his college career.

This guy didn't exactly dominate the below average talent at the Hula Bowl.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bongo please stop..

What does freeney have to do with this conversation? Freeney was a monster in college with 16.5 sacks. And mark anderson had 7.5 sacks at bama in 2005. If you can find me a player who in three seasons of college football had less than 10 career sacks and went on to dominate in the pros please provide the name.

You didn't just "shed light" on this guy you compared him to hall of famers.:rolleyes: I wouldn't make those comments about gaines adams.

4. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Dwayne Robertson.....................Robertson attended college at the University of Kentucky. At Kentucky he had 114 tackles, one fumble recovery, three forced fumbles and 10.5 sacks in three seasons. He went in round one at pick 4. And there are many others.

5. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Albert haynesworth being another right under your nose.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

haynesworth has been fairly average thus far in his career. he has shown spots of brilliance, but i would say he has not lived up to his combine numbers.

7. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

i would agree but roll tides point hold no water.............there are plenty of players drafted very high with very few sacks...............even some DE.............See Marcus Spears

8. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Bongo, I agree with the others- don't compare this guy to Bruce Smith- its disrespectful towards Smith, and really, really sets up the guy to fail...

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Is this guy a DT or DE. Apples to oranges. A DT with few sacks is different than a DE with few sacks. Sure the guy could turn out to be a decent NFL player but I can't see him going that high in the draft. Also, when we mention names like Mark Anderson and Haynesworth and Robertson we are talking about guys who played in the SEC against much higher competition. If Haynesworth played in the WAC I would hope his tackles, sac totals and tackles for loss would be much better than they were at UT.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

By the way, a bunch of teams missed on Mark Anderson and if the Titans had taken him we wouldn't be talking about DE being a high priority right now in the first or second round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar