DE you never hear about until draft time.............

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by bongo59, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

so last yr it was OK to compare super Mario to everyone.........and he caves? and I said he would cave by the way...............Francis is going to be a great player in the NFL.............Mario was way overdrafted.

2. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

not really many teams had him as a two or a three............he fell becaus eo fthings you dont know about.............that were uncovered in his backround checks...............

3. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

it wasn't okay with me- I hated it when people said he could be another Reggie White- its just not right to compare him to HOFers unless he is bonafide, superstar, sure thing and everything else...

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mario caved?

He had a better rookie year than micheal strahan trevor pryce, kevin carter, patrick kerney or grant wistrom had as rookies. He was in on 47 tackles with 4.5 sacks and played the year with a bad toe.

I'm not saying he has been a great pick, if houston didn't want to go with bush or a QB they should have traded the pick.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Titan fan #9...

Bongo invokes the names of julius peppers and bruce smith when talking about this francis kid. Is that outrageous or what?

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Marcus spears..

Now that we know that our resident expert doesn't know the difference between a DT or DE the marcus spears comparison is still lame. Spears had 9 sacks his final year at LSU. Bongo's new boy had 5. 9 is better than 5? Spears was a damn good player for LSU with 15 sacks his last 2 years while the ultimate stud francis has a lame 8 sacks in 2 seasons.

Francis wasn't a basketball "star" either if he was he wouldn't have played football in the first place. Francis was the 12th man when he played on the rainbows basketball team and didn't average a single point, rebound, assist per game.

7. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

beware of guys who look like monsters on paper but play like pee wee herman on the field

8. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Wow. I think you folks might be a little harsh on the kid. If he's got outstanding physical measurables, which it looks like he does, and gets the designation of "Hardest working player on the team", which he does, then I think he's worth a look.

He obvioulsly doesn't have the #s because THE GUYS ONLY PLAYED FOOTBALL FOR THREE YEARS! Whether you like it or not it takes a fair amount of trained SKILL to sack a quarterback. Now I havn't looked at his numbers but if they've increased adequately over each of his three coached seasons, that says something. If not, well, maybe he's still worth a day two pick.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Yeah, we can always use another player who didn't play his intended position for more than a year or two... you know like Woolfolk, that worked out really great, didn't it....

10. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Zong on Woolfolk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar