Dead Rising

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Crash Override, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

When I first heard about this, and seen the commercial, I loved the game. The concept of being in a mall with Zombies is great. I remember watching dawn of the dead and saying this would make a great video game. I want to hear what you guys think about dead rising. This game is love it or hate it. Many people say that its boring, but here is my insight.

Well you play the game as a photo journalist, Frank West, who is looking for a big story. I don't want to spoil it for anybody that didn't get it yet, but you get droped off at a mall in this town and you have 72 hours to find out what is going on. Basically anything is used as a weapon, and that's the true fun part of the game. The sounds of the game, ie hitting a zombie with a weapon, is the best I've ever heard. The amount of zombies that can be on your screen at a given point is truly amazing. There are thousands of zombies there waiting to be killed.

But let me get to the game. The point of the missions is not to kill zombies at all, they are just in your way. The missions are mostly saving people. And the bosses aren't zombies either, they are humans called physchopaths who have gone crazy because of what has happened. The major flaws of the game is by far the save system, but it is the most realistic save system, and it gives you the feeling of survival, which is a good thing. There are only a few save spots spread throughout the mall which is huge, and it's very difficult to access them. For example, you just beat a boss and you are low on health. The save spot could be on the other side of the mall, and you have to go through zombies to get there. If you die, you can't load up. LET ME REPEAT THIS. YOU CAN LOAD FROM YOUR LAST SAVED POINT ONLY, or start the game over. The game works on a time system and you have to be at certain places at a specific time. The case files, missions, start at a certain time, and if you don't get to one in time your done. You will probably have to start the game over once or twice, but you keep your level and your stats which is good.

The game is loads of fun, you will still play it for a while. But you have to be patient, and don't mind repeating things. I give dead rising an 8.0/10. What do you guys think of it?

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

bought it .. it's awesome.. one of those games you play for a while, get bored of, then come back to.. and wonder why you left it to begin with..

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Loved it. I don't even see how anyone could hate it. It's a good game. The zombies actually become more fun the more you get. I normally get frustrated by mass kill games, but this one becomes more fun than headache.

Plenty of fun.

9/10

4. OILERTATTOO

OILERTATTOO Starter

I agree, a very cool game.

But, the save system really does hurt it.

Later

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i only played the demo on my buddy's 360. it was fun, but it seemed like a game i wouldnt be able to play for an extended period of time.

6. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

^ Exactly. The concept is great, but it does get repitive and boring. It would have been better if it had a better save system, and you could actually just roam around the mall and kill zombies. But I still play it, there is no other game like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar