Deandre hopkins and other 2nd rd Wrs..

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Mar 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I really like Keenan Allen and wish he would be available with our 2nd, it's unlikely though. Wouldn't mind taking a WR in the 2nd, we'll lose Britt next year. Washington is getting older, but is still reliable. KW has potential and a solid rookie year.

Hunter could very well be that #1 WR we need.

2. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

According to the coaching staff he gave up the last four weeks of last season.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Then we should trade the whole team if they want to single out Nate.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

I doubt they would just single someone out like that if there was not a problem.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

People think it is a lock that hunter will be gone by the 39th pick but he is not in Mayock's top 5. Mayock ranks Hopkins as the 5th best WR.

I would say no to Woods at 39 becauise of his hands and how he was so outproduced by that teams' other WR.

Cobi Hamilton is an enticing prospect but probably not at 39.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I will bet you or anyone else that Hunter will be available at #39.

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Hunter is another Tyrone Calico in the making.

Give me Hopkins over Hunter any day of the week.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Lol.

Calico played at MTSU! He never faced a good team.

UT plays the best in the country.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Hunter's stats last year against sec defenses coming off of knee surgery were better than Calico ever had at mtsu playing against sun belt CBs. Calico never dominated at mtsu that's why he was a poor draft pick. Jason Witten was the easiest no brainer and we passed.

Hunter is a real big time WR not just a 40 time. No comparison at all.

And speaking of big time production who can't take a look at Stedman Bailey in the middle rds with his production? Not real big or real fast but he had almost 200 catches for almost 3000 yards the last 2 years. Hard to ignore that for todays nfl teams. Anbd that's from the outside in a pro style offense.

The value at WR in rds 2-4 is better than most years. Guys like Hunter and hopkins in rd 2 and Hamilton, Bailey, Stills, Dobson in rds 3 and 4.

Not as high on sanders and Woods.

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I agree that his occasional drops are a cause for concern but why is it a knock against him that he was outproduced by Marquis Lee? Even with reduced production he accrued 80 catches, 846 yds and 11 touchdowns. When the guy on the other side is widely considered the best WR in the country that's damn good production. The fact that he wasn't targeted as much says more about Marquise Lee than it does about Woods IMO. Woods has 4.4 speed and is easily the best route runner in the draft. My only concern is his size and the fact that he screams #2 receiver rather than #1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar