Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Deandre hopkins and other 2nd rd Wrs..

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Mar 23, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,137
    I really like Keenan Allen and wish he would be available with our 2nd, it's unlikely though. Wouldn't mind taking a WR in the 2nd, we'll lose Britt next year. Washington is getting older, but is still reliable. KW has potential and a solid rookie year.

Hunter could very well be that #1 WR we need.
  2. GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

McCarthy
    Moolah:
    $346
    According to the coaching staff he gave up the last four weeks of last season.
  3. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $23,436

Then we should trade the whole team if they want to single out Nate.
    sikwiddit high fives this.
  4. GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

McCarthy
    Moolah:
    $346
    I doubt they would just single someone out like that if there was not a problem.
  5. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,833
    People think it is a lock that hunter will be gone by the 39th pick but he is not in Mayock's top 5. Mayock ranks Hopkins as the 5th best WR.

I would say no to Woods at 39 becauise of his hands and how he was so outproduced by that teams' other WR.

Cobi Hamilton is an enticing prospect but probably not at 39.
  6. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $23,436

I will bet you or anyone else that Hunter will be available at #39.
  7. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $23,436
    Hunter is another Tyrone Calico in the making.

Give me Hopkins over Hunter any day of the week.
  8. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,089
    Lol.

Calico played at MTSU! He never faced a good team.

UT plays the best in the country.
    RollTide high fives this.
  9. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,833
    Hunter's stats last year against sec defenses coming off of knee surgery were better than Calico ever had at mtsu playing against sun belt CBs. Calico never dominated at mtsu that's why he was a poor draft pick. Jason Witten was the easiest no brainer and we passed.

Hunter is a real big time WR not just a 40 time. No comparison at all.

And speaking of big time production who can't take a look at Stedman Bailey in the middle rds with his production? Not real big or real fast but he had almost 200 catches for almost 3000 yards the last 2 years. Hard to ignore that for todays nfl teams. Anbd that's from the outside in a pro style offense.

The value at WR in rds 2-4 is better than most years. Guys like Hunter and hopkins in rd 2 and Hamilton, Bailey, Stills, Dobson in rds 3 and 4.

Not as high on sanders and Woods.
  10. UrbanLegend3 Starter

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $10,921
    I agree that his occasional drops are a cause for concern but why is it a knock against him that he was outproduced by Marquis Lee? Even with reduced production he accrued 80 catches, 846 yds and 11 touchdowns. When the guy on the other side is widely considered the best WR in the country that's damn good production. The fact that he wasn't targeted as much says more about Marquise Lee than it does about Woods IMO. Woods has 4.4 speed and is easily the best route runner in the draft. My only concern is his size and the fact that he screams #2 receiver rather than #1.