Deandre hopkins and other 2nd rd Wrs..

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Mar 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Wait a second. You have a junior WR, Woods who had over 100 catches the previous year and his production is basically doubled by a younger guy the next season. That bothers me.

With all the attention on Hill the 2nd half the of the year why did Woods only average 11 yards a catch?

Yes he ran a 4.42 40 but he could not crack a 7.00 cone.

Not saying he is a horrible prospect at 39 not at all i ust prefer some other guys more.
    One nfl network mock has him going to the pats in the first rd.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

This article should address a lot of your concerns.
    http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-foot...rget-biletnikoff-winner-marqise-lee-too-much/

No matter how good your are your production will drop if they stop throwing you the ball and start targeting someone else, even if they have to force him the ball. What was Woods supposed to do? Be a Primadonna and start complaining about not getting enough touches/targets? What would people be saying about him then? And the guy who they threw to wasn't just some random sophomore, he won the Biletnikoff, no shame in losing targets to him.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm all with you, Hunter or Hopkins at 39!

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think there might be a little run on WRs in the 2nd round. Austin and Patterson are locks in the 1st but neither could merit a top half of the 1st pick. So the question would be how any WRs will go in the 2nd half of the 1st round. Patterson, Austin and Allen make sense to be off the board but Hunter or Hopkins is most likely gonig to be there for our pick. Woods is a comparable player to those guys IMO if we settle for him. Terrance Williams might be worth consideration as well.

5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I'm thinking Da'Rick in the 3rd. We need an O-lineman and defensive playmaker with our first two picks. Even though Kenny is all but gone after this year, we still have him for this year and I'd rank WR as our 4th biggest need behind G, D-line, DB.

But, there could be a steal out there, maybe Da'Rick Rogers in the 3rd. Perfect slot WR, which is what the front office has been looking for. Has baggage, but that's the only reason he falls that far to begin with. 1st round talent.

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

So your plan is to replace Kenny Britt with a WR with questionable character and drug issues. Brilliant.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Titans are starting to draft higher character guys, anyone that had a problem in college probably isn't a guy we're really interested in. Like Mathieu and Rogers.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If Rodgers is sitting there in the 4th rd when we pick we will take him. And since we will have already drafted Hunter at 39 that gives us a UT orange attack! But with a running game.

9. Carp

Carp Starter

Da'Rick is anything but a slot WR.

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Um, he played pretty much every WR position, including the slot. Was probably best there IMO.

Not a UT fan eh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar