Dear Coach Chow:

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Don, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Chow is dumb! He can't compete intellectually with most posters here. He has that Ph.D just to show off. He is considered one of the best if not the best college OC of all time but has he provided his opinion here? No.

Chow has coached steve young, jim mcmahon, ty detmer, phillip rivers, carson palmer and matt leinert. Carson palmer gives chow a huge amount of credit for his heisman trophy.

Anyone who has seen a norm chow team knows there is not a damn thing predictable about them. Anyone who has watched fisherball knows there is a lot that is predictable about them.

Today we got to see a norm chow game plan and it worked. As long as vince keeps executing like that and not throwing picks i think you will see more of that type of offense. Look at the option play we ran and the screens.

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I'm in full agreement RollTide. Chow is stuck in the middle between a Rock(Fisher) and a hardcase(Young). He is handcuffed by trying to complete Young as a Pro QB and not just a playmaker, but is not allowed to throw any risks because Fisher has his hands tied with his philosophy of Fisherball. I like Chow and believe that Vince will be a better QB because of him, but some of the people on here just want Vince to be the Vince from college, but this is not college and he can't produce the way he did at that level consistently because of the athletes at this level.

Vince will always be able to run, but him heeding Chow's coaching will do wonders for his completion as a QB, which will make him that much more of an awesome threat.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Okay, something is terribly wrong here....
    "Chow's hands are tied by Fisher"...then why is he even here? Who hired him, and why?

And is there really a Ph.D for football offense?

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Chow came here thinking Lienart was coming with him, didnt work out

5. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

thank god for that

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

no sir
    in my humble estimation, we don't have near the talent that was available to us in the Dinger days .... however, most of the guys Dinger had to work with were seasoned

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Puck makes a good point. Give chow a 29 year old mcnair with mason, mccareins and bennett. The TEs then were similar and eddie was similar to lendale now.

We need one more WR. A guy like bowe for the chiefs. With a guy like that outside along with roydell and gage in the slot we will be near that 03 level. Another TE who can contribute as a receiver. A TE at least comparable to scaife or even better. Troupe is supposed to be that guy he obviously is not.

Another thing we can do is get chris henry involved more as a pass receiver next year.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'll wave my magic wand.

9. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Chow needs to go, period. His gamplanning maybe handcuffed by Fish, & if so, he needs to save his own azz and leave b/c he sure looks like he can't call a game.

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

no1 was argueing w/ 'fisherball' until we started loosing..u guys were praising it till our skid...how do u guys change ur opinion on it so qiuckly....

im wondering if albe never got injured and we kept that head of steam....i wonder where we'd be right now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar