Dear Coach Chow:

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Don, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

As far as I have read no1 was prasing anything, except for the defenses ability to save games for us. Every1 has had an issuse with the offense since the season began.

I personally have never liked Chow, and it has been expressed on numerous occassions.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I remember the days fans were in here whining about the Titans winning so many games by a last-second Del Greco FG. Les Steckel and his yawner of an offense was the reason. Little did we know then it was Fisher's baby from the start.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

That's "no-one" and "everyone" :irked: If you're not on a cell phone, help preserve literacy in America, please.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Er nope,I've not liked the offense all year. I can only recall two games where Young's strengths were utilized. Even then we didn't let him loose for the full 4 qtrs.

5. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

THANK YOU!!!! I really appreciate that.:))

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha:

7. Nine

Nine Starter

In Chow's defense, a lot of people blame Chow for those seemingly ineffective WR screens. However, that play was responsible two TD's yesterday.

The first TD was a textbook WR screen, and Roydell was able to make a defender miss and waltzed into the endzone.

Later in the game, they once again set up the WR screen, with Roydell clearing the way for Gage. Having already seen this play several times throughout game, the corner and safety were all over the play and jumped the screen pass....except instead of setting a block, Roydell blew past the DB's, and was open by five yards when he caught the ball and took it in for the score.

I believe this is the reasoning behind much of Chow's playcalling....he may call the same play two or three times to set up another play later in the game. Unfortunately, when the time comes for the big payoff play, the offense fails to execute....and when it doesn't work, it all just looks like bad playcalling.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Zell, i think chow has done an average job. There are things i would like to see us do more of like using or RBs in the passing game more.

Honestly on a scale of 1-10 rate the offensive personnel we have had in the last 3 seasons. In 05 we had poor o-line play and a bunch of rookie Wrs. Last year our 2 best Wrs were bennett and wade and we had a rookie QB. This year vince has struggled and we have had to make due without wade and bennett. Give me your ratings..

9. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Tide...

It's really hard to tell and rate the personnel that we field every week. I just know that we are not near the top, and we are not bottom feeders either. it's the old adage at work here, what came first the chicken or the egg?? What comes first a Great offenseive game plan, or great offensive personnel, same for Great QB, or Great WR, the debate will rage on. But here's my reasoning behind saying Chow is corny as a play caller..PREDICTABILITY and CONSERVATIVE playcalling. It seems like we call the same plays back to back at times, and at the same down and distance throughout the game. There is no imagination in the play calling. Every week, there seems to be a wrinkle here and a wrinkle there, but nothing significantly new to the eyes for the most part. Where are the naked bootlegs, sprint rollouts, slip screens to the RB's, middle screens to the TE (Troupe or Scaife), QB waggles, QB draws, RB draw, or the occassional gadget play, and I could go on and on. We run the same play action pass plays, WR screens, and handoffs all game, and expect our team to move the ball consistently. last week was a decent Job of mising in some new stuff, and two weeks ago also, but for the most part, he 's BOOORRRIIIINNNNGGG.....YAWN!!

A good O-coordinator will keep a defense guessing, and unless you are terribly over matched, your game planning should win more battles than you lose. For us, it's the other way around.

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

None of that can hold a candle to the double bootleg. :grrhee:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar