Dear Coach Chow:

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Don, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Chow said after the game that such plays rarely work in the game like they do in practice. That shocked me a bit and made me wonder if he feels such plays are too risky to succeed or if he doesn't feel his offense can execute them properly.

The thing about Chow is he goes for stretches where he (or Fisher) are going to be predictable regardless of outcome. Then he throws in a Utah pass or option play from the USC playbook that I think he does for the sake of showing variety instead of focusing on identifying and exploiting defensive tendencies and playing to his own strengths.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Was just over on The Bengals board and it's shocking how many of those guys want Chow to come in and replace Marvin..

3. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

Well O.K.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Bobby Petrino as OC.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Not surprising since Carson Palmer is there, they are stacked on offense like the Colts, (insert Chow here) and the critics are making mention about how Carson Palmer has severely slumped this year and is not worthy of side-along mention with Brady/Manning.

6. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

I was done with Chow after the Chargers game when we were deep in our own end in OT.

After the game Wycheck asked him about the three staright runs. Chow responded that he did not have much in the playbook for that, and that his biggest concern was turning the ball over that close to the end zone.

Either he has no faith in Vince or he is busy laying eggs (aka chicken)

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

For the record, in the previous series, White was gashing the Chargers with them knowing it was coming. I can understand going run on first down.

He passed on third down so it wasn't a run. If Young makes a better pass to Scaife, (or he makes a play) that was a first down and the Titans have some room to open the playbook more.

The issue for me was second down. That is where I roll out Young and let him make the LB commit to stop him or burn them with a pass to the TE. Young may have been hurt to the point Chow didn't feel he could be effective.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

:yes:

For the love of Pete- the game is OVER if you don't get the ball out of there. It is OT- not regulation. They have LT and Gates. We were gassed and they were moving the ball. He should have been thinking get 10 yards in 4 downs. Vince Young can do that if you roll him out of the pocket and let him choose his lanes or hit an open receiver.

9. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Guest

if you think about it, with vince young, i bet if he took 4 snaps and ran with it. he could get ten yards. I mean he would also have the option of passing it too. i think if you roll him out and let him pick to pass or run. he could get ten yards in 4 plays. we shouldnt punt any more...just do that. our punter is old anyways. we have a weapon at QB, we should use it......well now that i have awaken from my dream/what i do in madden....i dont think chow knows what kind of player VY is...he needs to understand vince young is the fastest starting QB in the NFL

10. mc

mc Guest

wow, how long has Fisher been here? Come on, no way in hades does Fisher not run twice backed up at his on goal line. I was suprised Vince pass on 3rd and long.

This is the same with Mcnair, ODonell, Young, etc. Fisher makes those calls and it has nothing to do w/ the OC or who the qb is (if they didn't believe in Young why ask him to pass on 3rd and long?).

ALL FISHER

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar