Dear Jerry Gray

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Oct 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodgev

rodgev Starter

Never thought I would go online and complain but damn are tight ends not discussed during the week? Does gray think that offenses in the NFL only throw the ball deep like a 12 year old playing Madden? Does he go to bed Saturday nights satisfied that if he takes away the deep pass that there is no way the offense will throw the ball into that wide open area between 1 and 22 yards that he leaves open? Are all receivers 6'4" and run 4.3 forty times? I just don't get it. By the way Mr Gray it's okay to rush more than 4 people at a time it's not against the rules, i know it's crazy but when the other team doesn't have time to throw it deep those giant speed demons that you have nightmares about won't beat you deep.
    Sorry for the rant guys

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Lol. I know exactly what you mean. We did blitz Griffin once or twice... I DON't KNOW WHY.

Ayers can be a monster on the blitz, Griffin is weak.

IIRC, Johnson didn't have a great day. They did take him away a bit, but they killed us everywhere else. We all know who the TE Casey is now, since he and Daniels ripped us a new one.

All the promises and big talk from Gray about changing things up was a lie. Jason Jones to DE was a flop, Shaun Smith was a flop, and those are about the only changes he's made. he says we'll get bigger, more stout against the run, then we pick up an undersized DT in Klug (who is fine, but does not fit this "plan")

Whole bunch of ado for the same ol' Cecil defense without the comedic coach outbursts.

3. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Defense is a joke! Ponder will throw for 400 yards sunday. In fantasy always start the tight end and the qb for the team playing the titans. We do the samething over and over 4 man mush rush and zone coverage, shocking it does not work.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

The punters we face all year can get drunk on Saturday because they don't even have to suit up against us at all. I'm sure punters look forward to taking a day off against this soft D.

It is extremely frustrating to watch this defense play. We can't cover, can't tackle, and when we do make a play, there is a d@mn yellow flag. Why do we constantly leave TEs wide open? When I say open, I mean open. There is nothing worse to me than seeing a TE get grab after grab on 3rd and long for a 1st.

Something has to give. I'm fed up of this bend but don't break D. We are beyond broke when it comes to Jerry's philosophy..

5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

But Verner looked stupid on that one play where Andre did a curl then went deep, Verner was about 15 yards behind AJ, luckily the ball was slightly overthrown.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

This team hasn't been prepared for opposing TE's in ages. Rarely do we beat a team that has anything above average at that position (NE, SD being prime examples).
    There is probably some sickening stat out there...

7. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Gray said all the right things when he got the job. He promised more blitzes and different looking schemes. Since then, he had the bigger is better Dline philosophy......that latest one season, and our Dline last year sucked. Then this past offseason, he co-signs for Griffin to get a fat extension ( it didn't hurt that Griff played under Gray at Texas). Then he moves "whiff griff" to SS. I'd rather start my boy JCBrave at SS over Grif. At least Brave will stand in there and tackle (joking, but trying to make a point). Also, I think that he is using Wimbley all wrong. He should be moved around like Ware in Dallas. What I am really pissed about is that our DBs play off of their men too ****ing much. Verner IS a shutdown corner. Him and JMac need to bump and run. I have not seen our CBs bump a WR since Jerry Glanville was coaching.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Meh, I can't be mad he got burned one time vs one of the leagues premiere WR's. And it was an incompletion so no biggie, he'll remember that move.

9. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

I know...we pay J mac, and Griff then send Finnegan away and don't pay Verner. Somethings wrong here.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well to be fair to the front office, Verner still has a full year on his rookie contract. It's common to wait til a players contract year before trying to extend them.

I bet we pay Verner in 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar