Dear Jerry Jones...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Nov 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

A first rounder would be awesome.

There was something about the Gruden trade that the NFL didn't like. I thought you couldn't trade coaches anymore because of it.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Yup. As far as I know, it can happen.

What if he were traded to Detroit for Schwartz? Deuce would still be stuck with him.

:ha:

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Please make that happen.

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Actually, I wrote a similar letter to the Ravens about Schwartz a few years back (did not pan out, that year), so he is fine where he is now...

I think Fisher would make a fine coach to replace Rich Rodriguez though...then we could pick up Harbaugh from Stanford.Thoughts Deuce???

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

They should keep Rodriguez in Michigan until he breaks Paterno's mark..

6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Marks for what....age?? Amount of "Just for Men" used during a career (that will be tough for Rich)?? Certainly can't be for wins.....

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Per Wiki,

The Glazers' shrewd move eventually paid off in acquiring Gruden, but it cost the team dearly. The team hired Gruden away from the Raiders on February 20, 2002, but the price was four draft picks, including the Bucs' first and second round picks in 2002, their first round pick in 2003, and their second round selection in 2004, along with $8 million in cash; the league as a result prohibited any further trading of draft picks for coaches. Gruden was frustrated by the limitation of his coaching authority by Davis and was more than pleased to return to Tampa Bay. His parents lived in Carrollwood, and he had spent part of his childhood in Tampa in the early 1980s when his father was a running backs coach and later a scout for the Bucs.[15]

So I guess you could trade players maybe.....

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Herman Edwards was traded a few years after Gruden.

9. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

Maybe just for cash?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar