Dear Michael Griffin

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

He should know if he doesn't have much improvement after this coming up season, he will not start for another team. No way he could start for another team with a performance he had last year. In the secondary, they come a dime a dozen in the league. He needs to step up!

3. JCBRAVE

I wish good DBs were as easy to find as youre saying, but franchising Griff proves theyre not. After last season he should be gone but hes not since he was better than 90% of this offseasons available players. But thats only IF he wants to hit instead of holding hands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Ok, I agree, I'll take my last statement back then. Did we bring in any safeties this off season to workout or was it just cornerbacks? Memory isn't working too well right now.

5. JCBRAVE

We did bring in a few guys, maybe 3 or 4, but none were any better than Griff.

The benefits of keeping Griff vs. getting someone new.
    1.) He knows the defense. He may not know how to play it, but he knows the assignments.
    2.) The franchise tender for safeties is fairly cheap in comparison to other defensive positions.
    3.) That's all I have, so i guess there's only 2 reasons to keep him.

6. JCBRAVE

Don't get me wrong, I don't HATE Michael Griffin, I just hate that he used to be top 5 FS and is now bottom 5. He hasn't gotten any slower or anything, he's just too f-ing nice on the field. Chuck Cecil broke him, God I hate that Fisher turd and his hooligan friends.

At least we were able to salvage Munchak, he apparently is the only one who's any good on his own.

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I don't know what happened to him. He used to hit hard and hit anyone while he was at Texas. He was that way here for a while but he got soft. I wonder if he's scared to get hurt?

Regardless the market for safeties is thin, possibly the thinnest at any position. There has only been one good, starting calibur safety (Barron) come out in the last 2 drafts. Plus teams with good safeties keep them under contract so they don't reach free agency. So, whether or not he played well last year, he would have been scooped up by someone who is desperate at the position.

8. JCBRAVE

Well, in other news, this picture of our pal jesse has come up

[​IMG]

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

We don't need to sign the next Ed Reed to upgrade safety if Griffin keeps playing like he did this past season... The market doesn't have to be that deep. Heard the same argument for Lamont Thompson at one time.

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

That's awesome, couldn't have summed it up better than that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar