Dear Mr. BiPolar, Gunny, haters, etc.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Mrs, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Who's got better numbers? I'm being even handed. I never hated on Lamont as the title of this thread seems to indicate. I only restated time after time that Lamont is not really good enough for this team at the level he has been playing at. I said he was not living up to his potential or my preseason expectations. I said he could do better than his crap in his pants performance on Sundays. Of course he got his money. He's cheap enough. Besides, who else has he got waiting in the wings to take his job? Thompson has been so mediocre.

Here...let's compare him to a safety that got cut...

# 30 Lance Schulters
    G Total Tckl Ast Sacks Int Yds Avg Lg TD Pass Def
    16 /77 /57.0 /20 /2 /4 /78 /19.5 /37 /0 /2
    # 28 Lamont Thompson
    G Total Tckl Ast Sacks Int Yds Avg Lg TD Pass Def
    16 /80 /61.0 /19 /1 /1 /0 /0.0 /0 /0 /2

Like I've said in the past... after 2004 I was on the LT bandwagon...
    but he sucked like a Vietnamese hooker all year.

Lamont, yo paycheck too booku! too booku!!!

2. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Biscuit smuggler:suspect:

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Just don't get carpet burn.

To the others who aren't wearing rose colored glasses - The stats are pretty much meaningless until you can dissect them into importance.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

exactly.

It sucks having the DBs make so many tackles, thats supposed to be the LBs job, but it is better than them not making the tackles if that was to happen a team could give up 25+ points a game over two seasons despite having a SGWB as DC. That would be really bad.

5. He outperformed them in terms of 3 ints, he had his moments of great cover and moments of bad cover. He never out tackled any of them and that I am sure will be his off season focus. The sky is the limit for Hill. Do you believe the three you mentioned are peaked out on performance. Indictment, means they are in the court of public opinion... So that would mean the jury is still out. Depends on which way the meter moves in the upcoming camps. Hopefully Reynaldology will spur them like horses get spurred. That would entice and produce better safety play and that will also encite a preseason battle for the starting corner spot between Hill and Andre.... May the best performer win....:toast:

6. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I'm kinda confused on this one guys. I want to say that Lamont sorta sucks, but some strange elf magic seems to have been worked on me. Now I am having visions of a secondary that flies to the ball and knocks out opponents cold. In my mind now are the images of dread locks and DOOM. I imagine a Titan secondary with Fuller at FS and Lamont at SS.
    We give up some tackling for better cover ability.
    Maybe I have had a vision of the future, maybe I am drunk...:lol:

Or maybe I've been horse collared by the Elf. Run Gunny, Run. Or the Elf will get you too...

:brow:

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They are called Delusions.

I would love nothing more then Lamont and Fuller or whoever sitting opposite Thompson to kick-a$$, but I just don't see it happening.

Improved Cornerback play may help, it may not. Thompson may be just terrible or he may have just had a bad year. Whatever helps us get back to the top.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

well, soft *** coverage schemes by a certain DC, doesn't help either.

9. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I wouldn't blame Thompson's lack of toughness on a DC. He was the same way at Cinci and they got rid of him. Personally, I think he sucks and wish they'd get someone who can make plays.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

The way I look at is, if our entire seconday sucks, and they did last year, then there has to be more to it than poor individual play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar