Debate: Is it time to play VY?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

There has been some discussion on other threads but I think this topic deserves a dedicated thread.

KFC had a 50.2 passer rating (for many reasons). The Titans have been feasting off of weak opponents and not scoring points off of defenses that are playing strong. That is indicative that our offense is weak.

Fisher made the comments at Vince's benching that KFC would start until the offense struggles (or loses- I can't remember the exact quote).

We are not playing at a play-off caliber offense right now. Our defense can't sustain our offense. We are going to find out Sunday.

It may be time to put Vince back in.

Thoughts?

2. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

I don't think seeing Vince in specific game situation would hurt. I don't think he should start again yet, but maybe see a series or two a game. Just make the defense change gears a little bit...plus it may light a fire under KFC's arse.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Collins had a very off day.

He was off target on almost all of the throws he had that weren't caught.

From what we've seen he'll be by far the most pissed off person about it out of all of us with an interest in the Titans.He'll also be mature enough to take the blame & be able to put it behind him & move on.

Our biggest problem right now IMO is the coaching decision to continue with #19 in the line up.

For the previous two games Collins stats don't look great because we were running the ball so well.

I would give Young some reps only if they're meaningless.I do see getting him some time as important in case he's forced into the line up but facing a Squeelers 3-4 could lead to him being sectioned.

We always struggle against 3-4 Defences & our O line is now in sync with knowing exactly where their QB is going to be behind them.Young moving around a lot when they're not used to that might cause protection problems.

4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I'd say no for 3 reasons: 1) it's probably too late in the season to make major adjustments like a QB change, 2) Collins isn't moving the offense well but even in his worst performance of the season last week he only threw 1 INT, and 3) the biggest problem with our QB is the guys he's throwing to (wrong routes, sloppy routes, drops...).

Vince would add a spark, but he'd be rusty, too. I wouldn't be upset to see him in a bit, but I think now's the time to just buckle down and get back to what you've done all year.

5. jdog

jdog I like beer!

I don't think you can switch back and forth effectively, with the exception of maybe a play or two.
    So to me it is one QB or the other and I would be very frightened to see Young driving at this point with so little play time this season.
    Collins is not a star but it take a lot of good components to create a great machine not just one part and I don't think he is the weakest link in the offense.
    I say stay the course............... where have I heard that before?

6. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

as an avid VY supporter, even I dont think we should put him in for more than a series or a play or two. Unfortunately as some have mentioned...Collins is not producing and has been really on a decline lately. Is it the fact that we have Jmac on the field for unknown reasons....or are teams starting to play more D against Collins game.

Look at this example, Houstons D was focusing more on covering the pass...as for what reason Fisher bailed on the run game, who knows. COllins wasnt getting anywhere, but finally gets some breaks w/ Gage and Jones. When CJ does get to run again, he broke off for what 16 yards? I think Fisher played right into Houstons hands, they wanted him to throw the ball.

Anyway, VY shouldnt be playing right now, but I hope he is prepared for if he has too. Im sorry, but Sundays game seems all too familiar, of the important game where something bad could happen to Collins(hopefully not).

I do feel though, if/when Titans win sunday, that next week VY should either get the start(You gotta play him somewhere) or play 75% of the game....since a win this week, means next wont matter.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Vikings offense has been more productive w/ Tarvaris Jackson. The switch back from vet to youth certainly didn't hurt them. Just food for thought.

I'd like to see Vince play at least 3 or 4 series Sunday.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

does the saying "you dance with who brought you" apply here?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Riverman's premise is dumb. Most teams don't score against exceptional defenses.

Ask tony homo who had 1 td and 3 ints against the sdteelers and a 44.9 passing rating.

Ask donovan mcnabb who had a 13 rating against the ravens.

Should the jets bench brett favre? He has 3 straight games with a 60 rating and leads the league in ints.

Should the saints bench drew brees? He has 6 sub 70 passing rating games this year. Kerry collins only has 4 sub 70 passing rating games.

10. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

I think it applies, but sometimes the date gets too drunk and forgets where they are...

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar