Debate: Is it time to play VY?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJB

DJB Starter

The offensive play calling in the pre-season was alot different than the regular season. You cant really count pre-season game stats in my opinion. My question is, if Fisher said Collins is the QB as long as they were winning...what defines not winning? Lets say the Titans lose to Pitt and Indy. Thats a 2-4 record the last 6 games. Hopefully Collins picks it up and finishes 4-2 so theres no decision to be made

2. DJB

DJB Starter

I'm talking about Harrison or Woodly bearing down on the QB. Collins wont get sacked because he'll throw it into the 5th row. Young has the ability to take off and pick up some yards or at least pose the threat to a defense. Someone has to keep their eye on Young, no defender has to mirror Collins.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What else do we have? That one bad game against the jags? That's all we have to get an idea how he might play.

Also i would rather a QB throw the ball into the 5th row than make a mistake. Vince throws an int ever 22 passes vs collins every 54 this year.

Theories are nice but to win sunday we need to avoid sacks and turnovers.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Young has to play with the drive to use his natural skills to win. If he would come out pumped up ready to do what ever it takes to win then he will be great. if he comes out not fired up and just doing what Fisher and Mike ask him to do then he will never live up to the hype. Let Vy do what he wants i think he is smart enough to know when what he is doing isnt working anymore and he will make the changes. VY can get White and CJ pumped up way more than Collins can. Sometimes you just need fired up happy players on the field to win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar