Debunking Fisher Myths:One Yard Short

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Childress79, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I'm tired of hearing how Fisher came up one yard short in the Superbowl vs the Rams.

The reality is he came up one yard short of tying the game.

One of the best Superbowls played in many peoples minds but we were never one yard short of winning it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. amstrf89

amstrf89 Starter

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

:chuck: That's the sad truth, but you woodchucks stop chucking my wood! :stunned:

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yeah of course but I don't blame Fisher I blame Dyson running a poor route.

5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I blame McNair for not throwing the ball in the actual endzone and for whoever drew up that play to have any receiver not be on the endzone or on the goaline.

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Actually if he had scored it still wouldn't have been tied, the PAT would have tied it.

On that note, I had always wondered if Coach Fisher would have gone for 2 there to try and win it and not take his chances in OT on a coin flip. I actually called into his radio program and asked him that question and he said he would have kicked the PAT. Guess I should have known he would have gone the conservative route.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Man that's a tough one.

A coach in that position who went for 2 and got it would be instantly crowned a football legend.

Go for 2 and fail and forever be a laughing stock.

99% of coaches would kick the point after.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

With only 6 seconds left I figured he would of kicked the FG and then onside kicked. Thats Field Goal Fisher's style!

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Mike.Inghram

Mike.Inghram Camp Fodder

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

literally LOL at this!

thank you

10. Illegal Hit

Illegal Hit Starter

Someone asked him this. I remember Fisher saying he would have gone for the tie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar