Debunking Fisher Myths:One Yard Short

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Childress79, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

It's been about 2 years since I've seen the game, but if I remember correctly Del Greco missed at least one field goal and maybe even an extra point. That's why I go for 2 right there at the end, give it to Eddie and let him power his way through the line for 2 yards.

2. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

Del Greco missed two field goals: both from 47 yards, one of which was blocked. He made his only PAT attempt as the titans went for 2 and failed after their first TD.

Del Greco's performance was a preview of what was to come in the next season.

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Let's say they did win the superbowl. Would this have made the '99 Titans "The Greatest ShowStoppers On Turf"?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Besides the one McNair play seen a lot around the time of his murder and the final one-yard short one seen occasionally, I've not watched any of that Super Bowl since the game was played.

Still don't know if I can. I can't watch any of the two Raven playoff losses either.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I can watch the Super Bowl and tolerate it...

I went back and watched the Ravens loss from a couple years ago. Pure torture.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the SB was a disgusting display of playing to lose. we weren't even trying to do anything other than run time off the clock.
    I blame the final play on Les Steckel, Jeff Fisher, Dyson, McNair - in that order

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What game were you watching?

The final play failed because Jones made a great individual play. He was not supposed to be covering a WR.

Not sure how that could ever be Fisher's fault. Maybe Mcnair should have held the ball until Dyson was in the end zone. The play worked the way it was supposed to except Jones came off his assignment and made a great play.

8. World Peace

Let's be honest... Jeff Fisher has been kicking himself everyday since the superbowl appearance.

We all know he was dreaming of keeping the score 0-0 and having del greco line up for the game winner with :02 left.

Isn't that how he wants to win every game?

9. World Peace

Anyone else think that McNair could have/should have ran it in? He had a small opening and I just don't think anyone on the Rams D could have hit McNair hard enough that would have denied him entry to the endzone. *sighs*

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I expected McNair to keep it, but there are always 2 or 3 things that could have happened on a given play. The fact is Dyson was open across the middle and had what appeared to be a step on the nearest defender. Good play call, good read... maybe the throw was a tad too early and the tackle was definitely a great defensive play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar