Debunking Fisher Myths:One Yard Short

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Childress79, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

I may be incorrect in my thinking here, but does the team lose a yard when they spike the ball to kill the clock?? McNair had to hurry and stop the clock with about 30 seconds left thus losing the yard in the process. If that is true, would that equate out to the one yard that we came up short?!? Geeze... I hope I'm wrong

2. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

No loss of yards, it counts as an incomplete pass.

3. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

Does anyone have a link to this game besides Youtube clips??

4. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

Well I'm glad I was wrong, it's been known to happen a few times. Crazy, but I always had that thought in the back of my mind, I guess I was always to lazy to look up the rule.

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

the last ten mins of the game is on google video.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

That's it! I finally remember the reason we came up a yard short.

It kept bugging me but I just knew there was a reason we came up short and it wasn't the spiked ball it was the offsides penalty with one minute left... the play after McNair had the big run with the facemask penalty. On 1st & 10 Mcnair completed a pass to Wycheck for 7 yards down to the 38, flag was tossed for offsides. The Titans accepted the 5 yard penalty choosing to have first down over again. That boneheaded call gave us a consequential loss of 2 yards on the play. Instead of 2nd &3 on the 38, the coaching staff chose to go witha 1st & 5 on the 40. Fast forward to the final play, McNair passes over the middle and hits Dyson for the infamously one yard short completion... all because of bad judgment by... Fisher

**jump to 4:45 in the video:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-195811247777315237#

agree/disagree??

7. globelieves

globelieves Starter

I have watched the game a few times since...and every time, as stupid as it sounds, I find myself pulling for a different outcome. That entire season was a rollercoaster ride. LOL, I didn't even have cable until halfway through that season when my television went snowy mid game, and I knew I could NEVER let that happen again.

8. KyTitan

KyTitan Rookie

I do the same thing. I just vaguely remember it now (I was 7). Torture. I cried. But what a drive.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You were really only 7 years old then???

10. KyTitan

KyTitan Rookie

Yeah. I'm 19 now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar