Decision on quarterback should drive Titans draft plans

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Pro Football Talk, Apr 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

For the record, I don't want QB at 11 either but doubt Carr or even Jimmy G last til 42.

Mettenberger or Murray at 42.

2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I don't necessarily want one at #11, especially if they can get a Defensive stud....I just want one simply put. In a perfect world, they trade back, take another position on D in Rd#1, then a QB/RB in rounds 2-3. Getting that 3rd round pick back is clutch...Otherwise, they have to take a risk.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

I think this team has a lot of holes to fill before we go QB. Look at the Seahawks/49ers they both established the run game and a solid defense before they got their guy, which IMO would make the transition a lot smoother for a young QB.

4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Hey I agree...I have said a million times on here I want to build the filthiest defense, which will ultimately make a better offense. That being said, Whitehurst is their backup and Jake is never healthy, soooooooo that's a problem. A real big problem. A team cannot survive with your starter going down and nobody in the cupboard, and that is saying that jake stays healthy and plays well. None of us in here are 100% with Jake Locker. 4th year and we are all still wondering.

5. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Completely agree, only problem I have is their is no Quarterback I'm in love with this year. Teddy Bridgewater is the only one who I would want at 11.

6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yeah, it's a weird year for QB's, but hey, you have no chance if you don't take a chance at all I guess. It would be different if our current situation was working out.

7. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Quarterback is already to big of a hit or miss position. I just hope the front office truly believes this guy is a franchise QB, and not just take one because we need one. I know the success rate plummets after the first round, but I would much rather go Quarterback later.

8. Carp

Carp Starter

May be that's why The Whiz cut Fitz in favor of Whitehurst. If Locker goes down or just sucks, our season is shot anyways. Fitz would only ensure we hang around in mediocrity again, winning just enough games to miss out on a top 5 pick and one of the elite QB's of next yrs class.

2014 is a like a free year Whiz. He isn't expected to win right away, so if we don't, no one will crucify him for it. If he does win, it just makes him look that much better, and we'll know for a fact we made the right decision for a coach.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

We were 7-9 last year. I expect him to win and if the front office doesn't expect him to win then we need a new front office.

10. kenny

kenny Starter

I think everyone would agree that we need to draft a QB in this years draft. I believe that Whiz will allow Jake the starting role because I am sure that Ruston made that one of his points when hiring a new coach. He wants to try to salvage that #8 pick he made. That being said I also think Whiz is smart enough to know that trusting the offense to Whitehurst if Locker goes down is not the ideal fall back plan. I am not sure what round they will pull the trigger on one, but I see a lot of guys that can develop into quality starters with the right guidance. I really believe we have the right coaching staff to do just that. So which QB do you think we should go after and what round do you realistically see them being there for us to take? I know there will be many opinions, but is there a draft sleeper at QB that could fall to us in the 4th round and develop into a starter?? I know that sounds like a long shot, but it has happened several times. Look at Brady. I can't stand the guy, but can't argue that he isn't one of the few elite QBs of our time. The recent trend of teams to look for a bargain in later rounds may just help our cause. Personally I think that if for some reason, Bridgewater, Carr, or Bortles falls to the 2nd round we are nuts if we do not select them. I know we need a RB, but I think we can get a good one in the 4th. I don't see an elite RB in this group, and really the value that has been placed in the position lately leads me to think we can come away with a good starting RB in the 4th round. Thoughts???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar