Defending Chris Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

I see alot of ppl believe that CJ needs a reliable backup. I understand why but the year he rushed for 2006 yards he didnt have a reliable backup and rushed the ball well over 300 times. The bigger problem is the offensive play calling, qb play, the passing threat, the offensive line injuries, and having one of the worst defenses in the league. Locker doesnt scare defenders so teams primarily aim at stopping cj. It also doesnt help that our playcalling has been horrendous all year. the running formations are too obvious. We bunch everybpdy at the line of scrimmage so its alot easier for defenders to stack the box. CJ made the mess that was this year into a small bright spot that reminds us of what we still have. One of the best running backs in the league. We need a new play caller that not only understands CJ's strengths but also understands how defenses gameplay against him. But first and foremost CJ just needs more HELP around him.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

The 2000 yard season was a perfect storm for CJ. Defenses hadn't fully figured out how to contain him a little more yet, the o-line was clicking, VY came in and made them have to spy the QB, CJ was running a 4.24 and in his prime speed wise. Things will never be the same but he is a 1500 yard back easily in the right circumstances. He put up good numbers this year when we had an o-line not comprised of practice squad players, I think he'll put up 1300 the next 2-3 years if we can get the o-line out of the cellar.

ALSO Jake needs to learn to read the defense. The dude will not audible out of a play where it's obvious CJ will lose 3. Then it happens. Every time. The run game played like garbage as soon as Jake came back and I think he is part of the reason and it wasn't only the injuries.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Titans need a power back, late round fat arse or UFA type, too pound the rock in short yardage/clock kill situations. Use :cj: as a rapier not a cudgel

4. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

I am saying that there are bigger priorites in helping CJ than finding a bruising backup running back. It is no coincidence that none of our backups were able run the ball effectively between the tackles. We need better O-Line play and playcalling.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

the only one who ran forward did ok - lol

only got 5 carries in garbage time in the last quarter of the last game though

and I could not care less about 'helping' :cj: The little guy does need help. Third and 1 needs too be a run play not a pass or a surrender

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I think he is still running a 4.24!

7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

He scored a td on third and 1 from 3 yards out last week...........Pure blind hate Got. Thanks for reminding me why I dont respect a thing you say because it has no validity behind it!

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Fixing the run game starts up front but we need a No.2 RB regardless. What if CJ goes down? You really want Harper playing?

9. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

We still need a power back, someone that we can rely on to get 3-4 yards a carry every run. CJ isn't built to be an every down back and and the fact it's widely known CJ loses a lot of yards, it would be beneficial to CJ and the offense to get a fata** that can get 12 carries a game and help prolong drives. The power back would also wear down defenses for CJ.

And for Pete's sake, can we please learn to draw up some screens for CJ.

10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Mendenhall gonna be a FA... I'd give him a contract in a heart beat.

CJ needs to be the back that rides with a heavy back. Gets half the carries. Idc if he's crying he isn't getting 25 carries a game, we need to start moving away from him and a full time role.

Of course the UN blocking scheme has been ****e, and we don't have any starting calibre guards. FA and draft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar