Defense gonna suck again next season.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Maker_84, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

If that is the case, they should have made the same trade with New England at the end of 1 and got everyone's boy CP. Thats my point, we gave up as much as someone did in the 1st round.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Locker is most successful on deep throws actually.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree probably gave up too much, but pick 34 is almost round 1 and the other trade you mention was what pick 29. So really not much difference expect the cosmetic round 2 vs round 1

still hate losing that 3rd NEXT season

4. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

the team is definitely gonna have to blitz ALOT next season because they will not get pressure only rushing 4 with their current dline

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Worst defense in the NFL is not even close to the reality. Maybe worst offense, worst team, but not worst defense.

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

You ever watched our cbs last year? We GAVE the quick pass on nearly every play. The D line couldn't get a chance to get near the QB unless they were waiting for the long ball. I'm not saying we have some underrated D line, I'm just saying with press and bump and run cover corners, we have a much better shot at actually getting near the QB with our Des.

Regardless, the way we drafted regarding the defense says we arnt really worried about getting there with just our front four. We are changing the scheme to be more aggressive. I'd rather see us blitz on every third down, than play off man cushion zone ghettoness. I think we will see some odd fronts this season with Martin and Casey as ends. If they use these players in a creative way, we can do a bunch of things to get after the QB. I really wanna see us line up Martin, SLH and Casey as a 34 look with either ayers or brown coming off the edge.

Last year we were dropping DTs into coverage and doing some straight silly ass nonsense that only works in madden... Lol it'll be better with Greg Williams around.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

1. Gregg Williams is going to help big time
    2. We've added quality players, leadership, and maybe most importantly actual depth at positions.
    3. Our pass rush wasn't as bad as people make it seem.

Really my biggest concern is DB play. I hope this rookie can come in and contribute, hopefully Pollard can play at a high level for 1 more year, and maybe Pollard's play will rub off on Griffin a bit.

8. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

i think so too, Williams will definitely help since he is a top 3 DC in the NFL

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Like so many said earlier, our D sucked mainly cause our O was horrific and Gray's scheme was garbage.

We have so much talent on both sides of the ball now. Really, it all falls on QB Jake, OC Dowell, and DC/A Gray/Williams.

10. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Just saying, but a lot of our D underperforming had to do with Jerry Gray's playcalling. That is why we brought in Williams. Gray will be our D-Coordinator on paper, but Williams will be calling the plays. That alone will improve our D. Plus, we significantly improved our SS position, one of our weakest units.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar