Defense showing some positive signs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

A lot of people are overlooking this.

They took their foot off the gas. THey could have destroyed us if they wanted to.

2. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Good lord people don't buy into this please, were still talking about Jerry friggin' Gray. Need I mention how many 30+ point games we've given up this season and how terrible our D has been for 90% of the season? Let's be honest Miami is no offensive juggernaut, neither are the Jags. Last weeks defensive game was good, by our standards, but still very average overall. I swear if Gray still has a job after this season I'm gonna be outta my mind pissed.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't think the Titans got a sack, turnover or tackle for a loss last week.

4. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

we are really close to being decent. Most are right. Replace one/both safetys and get a playmaker on the line. oh, and teach the FN linebackers to watch those damn TE's.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This time last year, I never would have thought I'd hear someone say they want Marks back.

Glad he's getting better.

6. JCBRAVE

IDK that I'd say we're "really" close, heading in the right direction yes, but we're still 3 or 4 players away from having a good defense.

We have 2 terrible safety's, no dominate pass rusher, and a MLB made of glass.

We have a little more than half a defense worthy of staring in an NFL game.

The good part is we're young, and will only get better.

7. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

You know, you're right about the 3-4 players. Two safeties, a DE and perhaps depth at LB. But even Mccarthys back up is doing his job decent. We can fix this whole issue with a high draft pick, a mid pick, and a couple free agents. In otherwords, next year our d can (if the stars align properly) be in the top half of the league. There is a lot of hope in that summation you know.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

We still cannot cover the TE and no pass rush without the blitz. The reason we have looked some better is that gray found out that it is ok to blitz. S are the worst in the league and until we get better players and another D.C. I do not see it changing. Bud needs to clean house this time! CLEAN house bud do not move the chairs around again we need new blood!

9. JCBRAVE

Modern day TE's are big matchup nightmares.

Really the only way to slow them down if force them to stay in and help block. But we can't do that without adding a serious pass rusher.

When we played Heath Miller we were able to limit him because his offensive tackle was getting burned, so instead of hanging 100-yards on us, he only got something like 60 and didn't score.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Easily. I read somewhere that Schuab threw like 10 pass attempts in the 2nd half?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar