Defensive Coordinator...Who do you want?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by chamgel2, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Dinger brought back in a lateral move? I believe any coordinator can move into any position but the team that he is currently on can refuse the right for another team to sign him. In fact, I seem to remember last off-season Williams said he would leave the Saints to return to the Titans.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Can you name more than two players on the Browns' defense? They weren't a great defense, but they were better than us (22nd overall, 20.8 points allowed per game).

We have well known guys like Finnegan, Griffin, and Hope, yet our defense blows.

The average NFL fan may not even know one player from the Browns' defense. I can name three (maybe four) without checking their roster, and that's just because I pay attention to the league more than most.

I doubt anyone could've done better than Ryan did with the Browns. That's where the hype comes from.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Dinger was the Assistant head coach/QB coach at Denver, so it wasn't a lateral move...

"Heimerdinger, 55, is currently the Denver Broncos' assistant head coach/quarterbacks. The Titans were granted permission to talk with Heimerdinger, who previously was the offensive coordinator for Tennessee coach Jeff Fisher for five seasons (2000-04), and the Broncos gave permission on Wednesday."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3199273

4. Finnebosch

Hmmmm could've swore it that Dinger was OC there. Oh well, look who looks like a jack### now... this guy.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

That would cause a rift in the space/time continuum - resulting in 17 retroactive Super Bowl wins for Jeff Fisher..

6. Finnebosch

Well then I would say we have to get Williams then...

7. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I will say this about Rob Ryan, a major upgrade over chuck cecil! He had good defenses with the raiders and a decent D with the browns, with less talent than the titans!

I will also say that I would drather have greg williams as the HC, as a lame duck fisher!

8. Finnebosch

I here by submit John Fox for consideration by the forum

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Fox would be a good hire.

10. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Forgot him, I agree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar