Defensive Coordinator...Who do you want?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by chamgel2, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SchindlersFist

SchindlersFist Camp Fodder

just read an article that says the titans currently have no assistant coaches under contract, that being said getting rid of cecil is much easier...but singletary has my vote at dc

2. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Do any of you honestly believe Fisher is going to fire a buddy (Cecil)? As much as I think we desperately need a new DC, I have absolutely no faith that Fish will make a move.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Singletary for DC no doubt. Then he'll take the reigns after next season as HC.

McDaniels for OC. The dude can flat out make QB's look good (See Orton, Cassell)

4. SchindlersFist

SchindlersFist Camp Fodder

He doesnt need to be fired if his contract is up

5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I would be fine with McDaniels as the OC, the offense was not the problem in Denver.

6. Wraith

Wraith Starter

i do not want McDaniels as OC, he doesn't have the mindset I'd want in an offense. Singletary would be great as a DC and Cecil should get demoted to a position coach but stay here

7. Tennessee

Tennessee @titan_up

I agree. Just because he hasn't panned out as a DC doesn't mean he should be fired. If he doesn't accept a demotion, though, he has to be. Singletary would be an amazing addition to our coaching staff and I believe our defense would play much better with very few position changes.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

From reading Kuharsky. There is one coach under contact but I don't know who. I assume it's the RB coach since Byner was replaced this season.

It's very possible the Titans may lose a coach or two anyway because someone else will be willing to offer more than a one year contract.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

You hate Fisher because he loses and but the guy that loses and terrifies his team is good to go at HC. I bet you sold your Camaro so you could buy a Firebird..

10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I think Fisher will do alot of things he does not normally do, since his job is on the line here. So yeah, I see him removing Cecil from the DC role (although I agree with those saying he should be offered a role as a positions coach first).

I would be for Singletary coming here as well, although there is no way I want him to be the HC based on what I saw in SF with him.

McDaniels would be ok at OC, but I would not be too upset with keeping Dinger also. Logians is a very good QB mentor, so we are pretty good there IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar