Defensive End Questions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fairwin, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fairwin

fairwin stop hitting yourself

Is anyone else concerned by the fact that we only have four defensive ends on the roster? Beyond that, one of those guys is out indefinately with a leg injury, and another has been in the league for two years and has zero solo tackles.
    We currently have two healthy, experienced DE's in KVB and LaBoy. What happens if one of them goes down? Do we put in this guy we just picked up from Atlanta who has exactly "0" tackles in his NFL career? Besides that, the idea of Travis LaBoy playing every down is not even approachable. Who are we going to rotate in that position? Do you think there are plans to move Conover up from the practice squad?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Ro-beast can play DE as well.

3. fairwin

fairwin stop hitting yourself

Don't you think we're going to need Smith in the middle?

4. Robaire probably can't play too much DE if he weighs over 300 pounds.

As for DE, we only activated 3 on gamedays last year.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

KVB
    LaBoy
    Savage

They might start this way, but I think they'll keep looking. Conover might get a chance if Josh Savage can't provide reliable depth.

He might have sucked, but I would have like to have signed Haynes.

6. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Yeah I'm not worried about just having 4 D-ends..I'd be more worried about the quality of our D-ends then how many. Honestly KVB overachieved last year..I don't think he will match last year, he'll be solid but I don't think he'll perform as well, and trust me...i HOPE he proves me wrong..LaBoy needs to improve..i'll leave it at that...

7. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Great point. I don't think KVB will have 12.5 sacks again, and I'd want quality over quantity any day.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well he's only suited up for 7 games in those 2 years, and probably saw very few snaps. But yeah, we have a problem if KVB or Laboy goes down for a longer period of time. Although I thought Conover didn't look that bad in the preseason (heck I think he was the sole DE who actually reacted to Denver's bootlegs)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar