Defensive Questions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I have two questions inspired by yesterdays game that I'd like to get everyones opinion on.

- 1. Why are TE's killing us?
    - 2. Should we replace Hope at S with Fuller?

1. To me it looks like that our LB's don't have enough speed to keep up with the other teams TE's. Not sure if this is a speed thing or them having to catch up after getting tricked by play action. I understand that Gates is a world class football player, but Fasano is not and there's no reason he should have burnt us like he did. That area behind the LBs and in front of the S's is where teams are attacking us and having success.

2. I heard Jeff Fisher say himself that Fuller's natural position is S. To me it seems lately that Hope is getting burnt on any play he's involved in. They were talking on the post game show on the radio yesterday about how bad he did. Would it hurt anything to try Fuller at S and see if he does any better? Would Fish go for it?

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

TEs are killing us because our LBs suck. I like their hustle and heart but they just don't cover well, at all.

Tulloch is about as slow as they come. Our LBs aren't capable of keeping up with any TEs. Gates will burn just about anyone who covers him but Anthony Fasano, come on man!

Indy and even Houston will pick us apart if we don't tune things up fast. We had no business losing this game. Makes me sick.

3. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

Yep, linebackers can't cover. Also, we have a linebacker playing SS who can't cover either. Go figure.

This has been a problem for YEARS.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

My opinion only but our LBs are not strong in coverage and are doing nothing to disrupt at the line. I just don't get allowing a TE to get off the line cleanly. Even with Griffin covering Gates, he never tried to jam him or do anything to screw with his route or timing.

Fuller would be a liability in run support, IMO.

I do think the Titans need to look at getting more speed at LB. Curran might be the answer but needs more experience. And I think the Titans tried to draft a couple of players this year to see if they might have a future replacement for Hope.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I don't understand why we put Tulloch on TEs. He's obviously a run-stopper not a coverage LB. We have Gerald McRath who is a very fast LB and Will Witherspoon who isn't slow either.

6. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

I was thinking of this Tully is not that good there may be a reason we didn't give him a long term deal.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Tully is a good LB. He's just not a coverage LB, he's more of a runner-stopper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar