Defensive Scheme

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cozmicfool, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

No nose tackle, no 5-tech defensive ends, no 3-4. If anything our personnel look like the Bills' last year, and we've seen how THEIR 3-4 looks.

2. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Well let me clear this up, I'm not saying what we will and what we aren't going to run defensively. However, if you read the scouting reports of our drafted players all of them are scouted for 3-4 schemes. I know I didn't see any report that said prototype and 4-3 in the same report. Please offer them if you have seen any.

What I'm saying is that I would have expected a couple 3-4 guys to be drafted if we really were going to run a hybrid scheme, but I personally was shocked that we didn't draft not one prototypical 4-3 player. I'm just really trying to see the direction we are going to go this year or next. That's why I said only time can tell I guess.

3. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

I just don't get how Casey or Klug are 3-4 guys. Casey is not wide enough to be a 3-4 NT and too short to effectively play five-tech. Klug is not athletic enough for OLB and too small for a five-tech. Ayers is the only guy who even suggests a hybrid "joker" feel, but I don't really see that kind of game out of him on tape.

Casey looks like a traditional 4-3 one-tech, a la Pat Williams, and Klug looks like an LDE/DT "tweener." I see pure 4-3 in both. Ayers played 4-3 DE in college. These are 4-3 players, just a little bigger than we're used to.

We could have this conversation if we'd drafted Kenrick Ellis or Allen Bailey, for instance, but I don't see why anyone would label those three guys as 3-4 players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar