Defensive Thoughts After Game 2??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ropy0386

ropy0386 Starter

Not too impressed with Al woods or Sammie Lee....wish we had a better NT

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  2. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Orakpo was the guy who stood out the most to me as Gut has said. Guy is a stud and I just hope he doesn't get injured. We got him at a great discount as well if he stays on the field, a couple of years ago he was going to cash in at a much bigger contract then what he finally got.

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Al Woods has been in the backfield quite a bit for only playing 5 series so far.

Sammie hasn't dressed yet..

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Yea woods has played pretty well for us....

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. DaCost

DaCost Starter

I saw a couple of steelers like blitzes with the two middle LBs..they were awesome. Looking forward to see more stuff like that.

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Sammie hill supposed to be back, woods looked legit against the Rams... I'd hope woods holds onto that starting NT spot

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Young54

Young54 Starter

You guys are crazy if you think we'll have a average or top 15 defense. Yes, we looked O.K. against the Rams in preseason... but... it's the Rams... in preseason. I think what we saw against Atlanta is a more realistic expectation. I like the enthusiasm, but I won't get my hopes up. I'm always surprised by how quickly opinions change on this board.

We have a few pieces here and there that look good, but overall, our personnel isn't that great. There's was a reason we finished second to last last year, or whatever it was. Orakpo and Dick aren't miracle workers.

Am I hoping for the best, yes. Are we moving in the right direction, probably. Will I be confident in our defense stepping on to the field every week, absolutely not.

I seriously hope I'm wrong. Fingers crossed.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Really? Woods has gotten a significant push consistently both games.

9. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

We have the talent, maybe not deep depth, but that talent is there.

It's like dominos, if we get that one piece that we have been missing everything could fall into place.

Don't underestimate the signing of Searcy either.

We also have a top 10 DT/DE in Casey. We have a upcoming MLB in Avery. ZB has shown he could be a impact player. Morgan has always been a a good pass rusher, just hasn't been able to finish. Orakpo could be the cherry on top. I like Griff, you guys love to hate on him, but he is a leader on this defense. He is also hit or miss.

This is the second year in the 3-4. It's going to come a lot easier for them. Also, Dick...

Our corners is my biggest issue. I'm hoping our front 7 help mask the obvious weakest link in our D with some good pass rush.

The Falcons game, it was only one series against their number 1's. We did not game plan for their offense at all according to Wyatt.

I don't see why we couldn't turn the corner regarding the defense.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

also what's the saying... The best defense is a good offense.

I believe we have our guy in Mariota. If we can get this Oline on track, we are going places.

We are a very young team, with talent in every position. We just have to put it all together consistently

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar