Delanie Walker Named in Lawsuit over Party Shooting

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanBlazer, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Tennessy XO

Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

Well... Steven Hawking and Christopher Reeve can twerk better than Miley Cyrus.
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Oh thats really saying something
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I can't believe you didn't take the bait on that one.
  4. NoleTitan

NoleTitan Special Teams Standout

Done. With an avi, I'm officially no longer a lurker after 5+ years. Feels fantastic. My favorite Backstreet Boy is AJ and my favorite cereal is Miniwheats. 16/f/cali
    • High Five High Five x 5
  5. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

More often than not, people go to civil court for $$$. If neither Smith not Walker had $$, this would never materialize.

And in most states, civil trial you only need 51% to win as criminal trial, you need 100%.
  6. NoleTitan

Yeah, I'm in my last year of law school. The guy I responded to seemed to be implying that a civil suit in this scenario suggests that the plaintiff just wants money or that the lawsuit is frivolous.
  7. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

I do wonder what the motive of the plaintiff is. If I get shot at you best believe I want criminal charges brought.

And I start law school next year. Guess I should really enjoy my final few months of freedom, eh?
  8. Tennessy XO

Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

Somebody enjoys r/cringe
  9. NoleTitan

You're probably absolutely right that Walker and Smith's money played a role in bringing about this lawsuit. If they were broke hoodrats, a lawsuit would be a waste of time and money. Regardless, their negligence may have caused him financial and physical harm.

And the lower burden of proof for civil cases says nothing about the legitimacy of his claims. There may not have been enough evidence for the state to bring criminal charges. The bar is lower for civil suits for good reason.
  10. NoleTitan

He very well could have wanted the state to bring criminal charges. Even if he didn't, that fact alone doesn't say anything about the legitimacy of his claim. And law school really isn't as bad as you're probably imagining. It's a lot of work in your first year when you're to learning to "speak the language." At this point, I'm working 30 hours per week outside of class and could probably get the same grade without going to class or reading at all until exam season. Outlining is the name of the game. My number one consideration when picking a class is whether I can get a good outline from a classmate or the internet.
    • High Five High Five x 1