DeMeco Ryans - MLB?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carpy, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I've read a few reports that have said Ryans can play all 3 LB positions. Kiper's latest mock also has him dropping to the middle of Rd 2.

If we try to fill our MLB position with our #2, would Ryans be a better option than Jackson or Hodge?

2. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

yeah he has dropped a lot since the end of the season, I remember 4 months ago he was a consensus top 15 pick, I forgot all about him, but he did have a bad Senoir Bowl and there is no talk about him so yeah he will fall, but I forgot all about him

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I think Ryans is considerably undersized to play MLB, but I could be wrong.

4. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

"Considerably undersized" - like him: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493101 ? (Jonathan Vilma); both are 6'1, 230ish lbs.

Ryans doesn't have the speed Vilma has however and thats what he's lacking (4.62), Vilma ran a 4.54 - so it ain't THAT far off.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd love it if we took ryans. With him, bulluck, and thornton, we'd have a fast LB corps.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Vilma is also undersized for an MLB. If you think Ryans is as good as Vilma, by all means draft him, but I don't think he is.

7. Titan Yapper

Titan Yapper Only ONE Team Matters - TN Titans

Demeco forget it....

They guy is too slow. He is dropping like a rock. I wouldn't touch him until the fifth or sixth round.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No...

Ryans is more from the davis thornton mold. An outside backer only. Roach at 6'2 250 would be a better bet for the middle and he could be had in the 4th rd. Maybe even the 5th.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ryans too slow?

He had a better 40 time than chad greenway. 4.65 isn't bad just not 1st rd material.

10. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Vilma IS undersized no doubt, but he's still a force in the middle. As long as the DTs do their job - he will succeed wherever he goes. "Real" linebackers don't need help (if you are EVEN thinking of that) - Ray Lewis is a prime example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar