Demontre Moore for our 1st round pick!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by J Falk, Feb 24, 2013.

1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Could be a liability thing. I doubt the league would want to put these future stars under 290 lbs.

I've dropped 225 on my chest, not that bad, but 275 nearly decapitated me.
  2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

Excuse my ignorance but wouldn't good spotters solve this issue? I'll give you that in a lift like the squat spotting can be really ineffective but provided the spotter is knowledgeable and strong enough the bench lift should be relatively safe. I would hope that the athletes themselves would attempt an amount of weight they have lifted safely before. Then again Staffon Johnson almost died in a bench accident so I can kinda see your point.
  3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Starter

lol disregarding/wanting someone based on bench press
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Starter

Good thing your double chin caught it dude
  5. xhrr

xhrr Starter

And then he ran a 4.95 pass

I'm not one to put much stock into the combine but at a mere 250 lbs you can only bust out 12 reps and a 4.95? He could be there round 2 unless his pro day drastically improves and even so his stock has taken a permanent hit with these alarmingly bad numbers.
  6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

I'm with you. The measurables aren't everything but they do count for something. The bench reps concern me but they're not a deal breaker because bench numbers don't always mean a guy will be strong on the field. Margus Hunt hit 38 reps but if you watch his tape, you can see him getting manhandled like a stripper with lazy bouncers.

The 4.95 at 250 though is a major red flag. This is the NFL we're talking about. If you're gonna be undersized you better be quick/fast as hell or you're in for a long day. If my team drafted a guy whose measurables were great but he ended up sucking, I would be disappointed but get over because stuff like that happens and in some cases is unexplainable. But if they draft a guy whose numbers suck and then he sucks, I'm seething in rage.
  7. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

He's this year's Dontari Poe.
  8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Great comparison.

-Both played in a weak conference (C-USA)
    -Average stats/play all season
    -Freaky athletes
    -Terrific Size
    -Get drafted way too early
  9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yea, I don't think Margus Hunt will be any good, but I have him going to the Seahawks at 25. Tons of potential though, and they need to improve their front 7.