Dennis Dixon Vs. Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chris_Henry29, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, when I watched VY play at Texas and saw all the amazing things he did. All those 200 rushing yard games and passing games and touchdowns and comeback drives. Well now he is in the NFL, and people are still questioning his throwing skills. We know he can run. So, for now I have been watching Dennis Dixon of Oregon play and man I think this guy could be better than VY. Its so scary he even looks like VY, when he played at Texas. I mean its scary as to how simliar they hold the ball and run the spread option. That being said, I think he throws the better a lil bit better than VY. He can run and throw. He may not have VY's running skills but his he has been throwing the ball much better for Oregon. He has like a 70 percent comp. percentage. So, I still want VY over him, but I just wanna see what your comments are about Dennis Dixon.

2. ONUV

ONUV Starter

he's good but he doesn't take over games like VY. he probably won't be drafted that if he decides to go to the nfl. he also plays baseball.

3. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

Vince had 3036 yds passing 26 tds, 1050 yds rushing 12 tds his senior year--but by the end of his career wasn't even the special thing about him--his moniker became WHEN he stepped up (the two Rose Bowls specifically). He earned himself the clutch tag, and the leader tag, and that's what shot him up in the draft.

4. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

vince led the nation in completion % his senior year

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

They're expecting Dixon to be moving up to the 1st rd if he enters the draft this year. Every game his stock rises. Every game VY does good, his stock will rise. (so...that might be bad news for Dixon, lol)

6. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Young all day

7. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Young has set a standard that lots of teams will now try to immulate.

8. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

Young left college after his Junior Year, he never played as a Senior.
    He was a sophomore when he dismantled Michigan's Defense in the Rosebowl.
    He was a Junior when he took over the Rosebowl against USC.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Who knows. A guy like Dixon could have all the skills at the college level but the transition to the NFL is hard to predict. IMO the jury is even still out on VY. College success still doesn't mean a player will have success in the pros.

10. wg53

wg53 Starter

Do you guys even pay attention at all?

Vince Young was never a senior in college.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar