Depth at Defensive Tackle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Architect, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Im really excited about the youth and talent we have in our DT core. I ultimately thing they will help our DEs get more sacks by commanding double teams and improve our run D as well.

Jurrell Casey
    A big surprise and constributor last season. I only expect him to get better. Great at maintaining the LOS and stopping the run. I really hope with out new coahing hires he can develop more of his pass rushing moves.

Karl Klug
    A fan favorite and far exceeded expectations. He is a forces against the pass but doesn't play the run that well. I don't think he should he should add weight to improve against the run, it may take away what he does best in getting to the passer. He could definitely benefit by adding strength.

Mike Martin
    I am most excited about this draft pick. I'm expecting him to make a major impact and surprise some fans. The only down size on this guy is he is shorter and his frame is maxed out. This guy is built like a TANK but its going to be hard for him to put on anymore mass.

Sen'Derrick Marks
    When he was drafted, we were sold on him being projected to be the top DT in his class before the college football season started, then got injured. Seems like every season we have our fingers crossed that he will pan out. I think its time to cut our losses. This is a classic case of a guy that Fisher reached for in the draft.

Shaun Smith
    He was supposed to be our free agent signing that would anchor the line and give us the ability to have an hybrid defense. He ended up being all bark, no bite. This off season he has lost weight. If we strictly go off of current talent and up side, he may be cut along with Marks. I think one of the guys stays just from an experience stand point.

DaJohn Harris
    UDFA but I think this guy is a STEAL. He was projected to be a mid round pick but right before the combine he was found to have a heart condition and fell out of the draft. From what I hear this condition really doesnt affect his game. Im really routing for him and Martin. He really has talent and there were some mock drafts that had us taking him in the THIRD ROUND. He played next to Casey at USC. I dont think we will be able to hide him on the practice squad.

Zach Clayton
    Low round pick from last year. "He's the guy that played next to Nick Fairley." I really don't see him sticking this year but may our D line coach (his college coach) sees something in him that we just don't see yet.

Lamar Divens
    Seems like a BIG guy at 6'3 343lbs. He is going into his fourth seasons but Im unsure of if he has potential or is just a camp body.

What do you guys think? Who do you think gets cut and stays? Im hoping for something like this.

1st group DTs: Casey, Martin
    2nd group DTs: Klug, Harris, Smith

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Sen'Derrick Marks sucks. I look forward to the day he's cut. Waste of a second round pick.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I really like the depth too. It's going to be hard to pick just a couple to keep. I hope Harris sticks around though and I think you are right on your prediction except smith is gone and marks stays. he didn't play bad at the end of the season.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

its pretty solid depth, thats for sure. when i saw martin in the rookie group picture my jaw dropping. guy looks gigantic even next to taylor. i have a feeling he will be a big name with us and soon.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Don't expect too much from Mike Martin. (from a UM fan) He's a great guy, has an incredible motor, but he's not a big playmaker by any means. He'll occupy a blocker... maybe penetrate. About it.

DaJohn Harris I think will be better at making impact if given chances.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Great! Now i'm convinced Martin will be a great player for us.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Haha. He will be good IMO but not cause DW thinks he sucks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

8. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Yeah he is certainly gigantic.

[​IMG]

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I too am excited. I think that Casey & Martin should start with Klug being the rotate guy in pass situations. I think that can be a solid 3 man rotation. I'd cut Marks & keep Smith one more year to prove himself. Anything we can get out of Harris, Clayton or Givens is a bonus. Givens may see some time at DE too.

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I wish we could package some of our DTs and get an extra DE. We're stacked at DT thin at DE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar