Depth chart

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Psychop1, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Of course, this is only judged after watching camp reports and our first preseason game, and things could change, but this would be my preferred depth chart, as well as 53 man roster. Post yours.

FB
    Ahmard Hall
    Craig Stevens

RB
    Lendale White
    Chris Johnson
    Chris Henry
    Quinton Ganther

QB
    Vince Young
    Kerry Collins

WR
    Justin McCareins
    Justin Gage
    Brandon Jones
    Lavelle Hawkins
    Chris Davis

TE
    Alge Crumpler
    Bo Scaife
    Craig Stevens

Tackle
    Michael Roos
    David Stewart
    Daniel Loper
    Michael Otto

Guard
    Jake Scott
    Eugene Amano
    Leeroy Harris
    Isaac Snell

Center
    Kevin Mawae
    Eugene Amano
    Leeroy Harris
    Velasco Fernando

CB
    Cortland Finnegan
    Nick Harper
    Chris Carr
    Reynaldo Hill
    Eric King

DE
    Kyle Vanden Bosch
    Jevon Kearse
    Jacob Ford
    William Hayes

DT
    Albert Haynesworth
    Tony Brown
    Jason Jones
    Antonio Johnson
    Eric Taylor

OLB
    Keith Bulluck
    David Thornton
    Stephen Tulloch
    Stanford Keglar
    Josh Stamer

MLB

Ryan Fowler
    Stephen Tulloch

SS
    Chris Hope
    Tony Joiner
    Donnie Nickey

FS
    Michael Griffin
    Calvin Lowry
    Vincent Fuller

K
    Rob Bironas

P
    Craig Hentrich

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I honestly have no idea what were doing at WR.

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

There's something about Chris Davis (the one we drafted in '07) that makes me think we should keep him around. He just has this swagger that is like, some day, he's going to be able to hang on to the ball, and some day he's going to make guys miss, and some day, he's going to be our goto guy. I'm not sure, but it earns him a spot on my depth chart anyway. :)

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

McCareins over Gage? I doubt it...Especially with the time Justin is missing with the injury.

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

McCareins would have caught that deep ball.

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

McAreins and Gage ought to be a pretty good position battle this season, hopefully one of the will step it up and distinguish himself as the clear #1 wideout. I'd like to see Jason Jones creep into that second DT spot, he's definitely got a good place in the rotation but I'd like to see him starting to get him good experience and see what he's really made of. I could also see Quinton Ganther in front of Chris Henry after last nights stellar performance, I want to see that dude on the field some more. But then again with the holes our O line was producing I could have rushed for 125 an a TD.

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

That's still the only concern I have about this team.

Other than that, I think we're deep at every position.

8. The Playmaker

You know I was very optimistic about the WR's in the off-season. If you just take a step back from a Titans fan stand point. You have to ask yourself, "who the heck are these guys?"

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't think Ganther will make it. We can't keep 4 RBs.

Also, I seriously doubt that we'll only keep 5 WRs, The Tennessean mentioned that last week Roydell was running with the second team WRs, and none of the bottom contingent made enough of a showing last night for me to think that they're pushing him at the moment. I think Roydell will probably make it back from the PUP and will make six, though if he got cut, we'd keep someone as the sixth. Also, with Chris Carr making a decent showing in the return game, Chris Davis (the original for us) loses value as a return man (which I didn't ever really think was much anyway), and I don't think he'll make the team. Maybe he will, last night was a poor, poor showing for Paul Williams and Biren Ealy. But no matter who the sixth man is, we'll have one.

I don't think that we'll keep Fernando as a 4th string center. Who needs that, really? With Amano and Harris both potentially able to do double duty, we're flexibile, and I could see us keeping one fewer O lineman.

Last night at least I thought that Stamer was ahead of Keglar on the depth chart, but I could have not noticed something, and things could also change. Allred and Amato are both listed at LB, and I could see either of them making or not making it. Pretty up in the air at this point.

I'm also not sure that Joiner will make the final cut. 6 safeties is a lot.

We also might have to keep Vaughn if Bironas doesn't get back to form, or Ingle Martin if we decide to be conservative at QB and feel like we can't keep him on the PS. That's less likely though, there are a lot of vet QBs on the market now, or soon to be kicked out of camp, that we would be able to pull in if Vince or Collins got seriously injured in the next 6-8 weeks.

TE/FB/RB is by far the most crowded group. With White, Johnson, Henry, Hall, Crumpler, Scaife, and Stevens almost guaranteed to make the team, it's a tough fight between Cramer, Cain, Ganther, Blakely, Petrowski, and Cuff. Those six guys may have one roster spot between them, and if things sift out a different way, I could see none of them making it.

This is a fantastic thread topic for the next few weeks though, I'll post my opinion of the current best shot for final 53 in a separate post so this doesn't get too long.

10. The Playmaker

The only automatics at WR is Gage and well??? I'd like to keep Ganther.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar