Derek Carr

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by VOLS_n_TITANS, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I wouldn't pick Carr, bridgewater, at #11
    Manziel, Bortles, yes.

Trade back past 16 then I'd go Carr but no bridgewater.

I still like Murray.

2. QFFL

QFFL Special Teams Standout

I won't draft any QB in the first round. They are no better than Locker

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Riverman

Hard to argue that without an NFL body of work yet. But it can also be said their ceiling is just as high and they don't have an NFL history of not being able to stay on the field.

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I really don't understand the thinking of no Carr at #11 but 5 spots later at #16 then I'd take him. You don't take a QB in the 1st rnd unless you think he can be your franchise guy. If you think he is a franchise QB then you take him at #11. You don't mess around by trading back 5 spots.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. Riverman

The thinking is BPA at a spot and acquiring an additional 3rd round pick. Carr may still be on the board at #16, if not a very good player at a number of positions will still be. You can pick up Murray, McCarron or another with that additional 3rd. I don't think the difference is that great.

I like everything I see out of Murray. He's got a great arm, attitude etc. He is already planting and throwing accurately. I think Carr is a good QB but not so much better than Murray to give up an opportunity to pick up a 3rd round pick. If we trade with the Cowboys (who supposedly have a boner for Manziel who could be there at #11) we'd pick up the #78 pick. We'd be set for this deep draft.

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I understand that in a perfect world you trade down to get more picks and still get your guy. But the QB position is so important that if you are using a 1st rnd pick on one then their is no doubt that you think he is going to be your next franchise guy. You don't take the chance that some other team drafts him in those 5 picks. If you think that he isn't any better than other QB prospects that can be had later then you really don't think he is a franchise guy and shouldn't take him in the first place. You never know what you are going to get with that newly acquired 3rd rnd pick. It wouldn't be worth missing on a franchise QB to draft a guy like Paul Williams in the 3rd.

7. Riverman

We reached for Locker. He was "our" guy. Carr is no Luck.

And this draft is deep. And the difference between Carr, Murray, Mcarron isn't the difference between a 1st-3rd round pick. Foolish to take Carr at #11.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Manziel should not surprise you. Several teams that need QBs are reported to have ruled him out.

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I would rather get an impact player at #11 and take a QB later as well.

I was just saying that if you are feel a guy is a franchise QB you don't risk missing on him just to get a 3rd rnd pick. You stay put and take your franchise QB and are happy you got your guy.

10. Riverman

OK- sounds like we agree then that Carr isn't a sure fire franchise QB. That was my point- that I don't think he's worth the #11.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar