Derrick Mason a Jet?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Aug 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

It appears that Mase might sign with the Jets today if he passes his physical.

I still think we should have talked to him. At this point, it looks like Britt is going to be babying his hammy for who knows how long. Washington always looks good in camp, then the real season starts and fumbly fingers take over. I still have a hard time believing that Gage is on the roster. He's another player that usually looks sharp in camp, then reality hits when the season starts.

I would have liked to have seen DMase added to solidify the WR Corp. I don't think he's completely washed up yet and could add some veteran leadership.

2. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

I think mason could teach the young guys a few things, but he tends to be a diva and a malcontent when he doesn't get his touches. And I don't want him taking snaps away from the (much) younger guys. I think itthe reason people want the Titans to sign him is mostly nostalgia.

3. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Don't see him getting on the field unless there's major injuries, but I'd love to have him as a mentor. Our two best receivers are 22 and 23, and one of them can't seem to stay out of trouble, having a mentor couldn't hurt.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

In reality Mason would be stupid to come to TN instead of going with a contender. He is obviously in his last year or two. Why waste his time on a team rebuilding?

I've stated before I'm not real big on having him anyway because I want to see the young guys develop. I don't want someone taking snaps away from DWill especially. Also, when you look at what Mason has left and where Washington and Gage are right now are we really talking about a big upgrade? The guy is 37 years old and had a decline last year (61 catches, 800 yards). Nate Washington had 42 catches for 687 yards last year and is 27 years old. I just don't see Mason being worth a roster spot and you know he is going to want to see the field as a starter. I'd rather just keep what we have and put the best guys out there.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I reported this last night in the free agent thread... you kids need better sources. :)

6. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

Actually it was posted FIRST in the Braylon Edwards section. But Jesse you were a close second.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mason is smart, he wants to win. So going to New York is a good move for him.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

If his goal is to get to the AFC championship and lose (again) then the Jets are the place for him.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That's waaay farther than anyone expects us to go. I live in NYJ territory, and I can't even lie, they're going to be good. That's the first time I've ever given that team credit.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

The Jets have Holmes, Burress and Cotchery...though Cotchery is probably a goner. That's a solid WR corps if they add Mason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar