Derrick Mason retires

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by memphis_raven, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i was kinda shocked when i read it...what ever makes the ravens suck more is good with me

2. bored1

bored1 The Colt killer

i miss the days of dmase and bennett and macnine with eg totin the rock. those were the good old days. at least for me i didnt follow football before then that much. so these were my boys my team that broke me on the titans. ya know

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

With Mason, the Ravens would put up around 17 ppg. Without him, they may be looking at 14.

I really hope this is for real.

:ravens:

4. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

I had a hard time liking Mason after he left. I remember seeing him running his mouth on the field in the two games we played him last year. As far as I was concerned he had always been a raven but after seeing him at Steve's memorial I let it go and saw him a a titan great again. I wish him the best of luck after football.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think the same thing, Jeff, unfortunately. I also heard Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan speculate on Sirius that Mason would be back in camp by the preseason, and that there was a contract extension supposedly in the works before this.

Kirwan went on to speculate that if he couldn't get what he wanted out of Baltimore, there was one other place Mason could end up -- Tennessee.

While I won't spend time pondering "what if" I will say adding Mason would make us the best at every offensive grouping in the division except QB. Sure Johnson and Wayne would be better individuals, but we'd have the best depth at the position with Mason, Gage and Washington.

Of course, this is highly unlikely, unless it's just a ploy by Mason specifically to reunite with Tennessee, which I seriously doubt it is.

I think Mason is the Ravens' player to lose. But boy (since they acquired no one at WR) does he have them over a barrel.

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Like him or not, he's still a Titan.

And, I like him. :thumb:

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I like him, too. He won me back speaking at Steve's memorial service. It does remind you it's just a game.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Doesn't matter. Ravens still suck.

This will only get them two extra wins, tops. 8-8 all the way baby.

10. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Great news for Ravens fans and the superbowl run. Hope we play the Titans in TN again - always a win. I doubt TN will make it this year, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar