Derrick Mason Signs with the Jets

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Via Adam Schefter's Twitter

Wide Receiver Derrick Mason has decided he will sign with the New York Jets.

After deciding to join the Jets, WR Derrick Mason said: "I’m looking forward to working under Rex and rejoining some familiar faces.”

Oh well, no surprise. I had hoped he'd pick us, but the Jets are in a better position to make a run at a super bowl, and at his age, probably the most important thing to Derrick.

I wouldn't mind making a run at Cotchery if we really want a WR that bad.

If not, let's focus attention to getting CJ in camp

2. Jazzy Titan

Jazzy Titan yum yum eat em up

no mason? damn, ah well lets stick with what we have britt,williams,nate,hawk,mariani no reason to add cotch IMO.

Also lets cut gage and hope already and pay CJ and finnegan.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Good.

If we bring in a vet WR to start we are basically giving up on D.Williams. I'd much rather see our younger guys than a Mason or Cotchface.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

That s.u.c.k.s So I guess this means that we're gonna stick with Gage.

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

he gotta hope D Will can save the day. we are gonna be hurtin if he is only average.

6. Blue Gorilla

Blue Gorilla will play Safety for food

I'm fine with this. The Jets are getting worse and we didn't miss out on much.

7. Alex1939

I'm just gonna hope it ends up

Britt-DWill-NWash-whoever

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

There's still a few receivers out there so the Gage-gone dream lives on..

9. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Now Cotchery is visiting Pittsburgh with Baltimore also in the mix.if the plan was to get either Mason or Cotchery then there is a good chance that is not going to happen.

10. Alex1939

Would anyone really be that upset with Gage or Mariani as our fourth WR? I'm fine with that. I mean, I'll be upset if Gage is starting unless Dwill just looks horrible. Nate should be at slot I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar