Derrick Morgan penalty..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I know we are all homers, but what did you guys think of the Morgan penalty on Campbell?

It looked like he was pushed into Campbell's knees. It was a terrible call and it really makes me wonder about the NFL these days. I think sooner or later the QB's won't even be able to get touched. Just glad it wasn't a crucial game at a crucial time.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I hate that dumb rule and hate the fact they came up with the rule just because pretty boy got hurt that way.

It was a bad call based on a bad rule. i can see if a player holds on too long or twists the knee but simply diving for the legs to make a tackle is football and total BS that you get penalized for it.

The horse collar call on Tulloch was a good call and that is a good rule.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titans Blue

Titans Blue Camp Fodder

i personally thought it was a good call for what the rules state, but I think the rule is absolutely horrible. If you dont want to get hit, dont play football. These qb's can't be hit high or low. What is this baseball? does the qb have a strike zone of home plate??? they might as well put bubble pads around his head and legs, while have a big red x that says hit me here on his chest. I really hate the rule because it was due to tom brady getting injured and the league cares about money, not the integrity of the game!

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm not understanding how he's awarded the sack if it's illegal.

I'm probably totally homer here but he was falling to the ground and had no option but to grab what he grabbed. I'm sure he'd preferred to hit the QB in the ribcage if given a choice.

5. Titans Blue

Titans Blue Camp Fodder

the refs also threw a penalty last year when suggs on the ravens rolled on the ground into bradys leg with no intention to hit him but just rolled into him, completely ridiculous rule that the nfl needs to get rid of!

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

There comes a point when all of these player safety rules start to get in the way of the game. With not being able to hit Receivers near the shoulders safeties are going low at their legs, it's just a matter of time until that's outlawed too.

The Brady rule and the horse collar rule are two of the worst rules in sports.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Tom Brady is a pansy.

• High Five High Five x 6
  8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

It's not that Brady is a pansy, it's that Goodell can't stand to see his stock taking a hit when his superstars get hit. Breaking passing records is good for business, and he's trying his hardest to get records broken every year, I believe. Making it easier on QBs every year.

9. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

It's like a personal foul, unnecessary roughness. The penalty is applied after the down.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Same reason a guy still gets credit for the tackle if he grabs the face mask or does a horse collar.

For those who say he was blocked into the QB that simply isn't the case. He was making a spin move and spun into the QB. There might have been some pressure by the blocker that helped things along but he basically made the move.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar