Derrick Morgan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

A great D Line can make an average secondary great.

We need a dominant DT or that playmaker DE and that will fix a lot of our secondary issues. As well as getting a competent DC that doesn't have your corners playing a soft 7-9 yards off the ball when it's 3rd and goal on the 5.

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

That's where I stopped reading.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

guy has 3 sacks and probably around 20 snaps all season..... he should have been on the field much more, especially since none of our tackles did much to stop the run anyways.

4. titans backbone

titans backbone Rookie

funny, i see scarecrow only looks at stats.

5. titans backbone

titans backbone Rookie

Morgan is a very good D lineman, in fact he's the only DE we have that has actually shown he can push a double team backwards and that certainly got my attention.

Apparently Casey's damaged elbow has killed his penetrating skills, which he showed last year but this year has been non-existant. Considering we now barely get any push off the middle and to still see Morgan have success at bothering the QB sounds great to me. I don't think he's dominant nor elite, but he's a player that has shown progress, ability to bat down balls, rush the qb, get knockdowns, play the run and chase down ball carriers. We should already be happy with him and he will probably get even better.

And keep in mind he got another sack against the colts on that interception for a score that we got (which was clearly a sack because luck was already down).

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

you all can say I look at stats all day long and I don't give a ****.

Fact of the matter is, in two games this year we might as well not have had anyone on the field, but hey good job we shut out Miami. If ANYONE on the DL was doing a halfway decent job we probably would not have the worst defense we have ever seen. Flat out, not a soul on our defensive line is deserving of any praise. You guys can sit here and go tonsil deep on this guy all day, all I know is that right now defensive end is probably our number 1 priority in the draft and if Morgan had been playing like everyone is claiming that would not be the case.

Morgan is just an average defensive end, that is all there is to it. Average against the pass, average against the run. Hell, how ANYONE can say that ANYBODY on this squad is safe from being upgraded is beyond me. I bet you can make a case that we do not have a defensive player top 20 any position.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. titans backbone

titans backbone Rookie

Dude if you even watched the games you would know Klug got 2 of those 3 sacks as gifts. He got ONE by himself. Now im not saying he sucks, he should see the field more often. But thats what i meant with you looking at the stats, the pocket collapsed and the QB went straight at him trying to avoid getting sacked.

That's all.

And i really don't think you watch the games ...otherwise you would notice Morgan playing solid football out there.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Right solid football, sure.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't even *hate* Morgan, but I don't see where his praise is coming from. He is just flat out average and I rarely see much to brag about over this guy.

10. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

I've only been impressed with 3 defensive players this season. McCourty has changed my opinion of him, Ayers and Brown are both going to be great linebackers.

Well maybe 4 players, because the amount of suckiness Griffin brought to the field far exceeded anyone's imagination.

As far as Morgan goes... the guy is not that good, hes not that bad. Hes a so so depth player. The guy is never going to step into a role as an elite defensive end. Although he has played better this year than I thought he would. I was expecting to see him on a gator leaving the field about 2 snaps into game one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar