Desean Jackson 5'9" 167 lbs

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ONUV, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I too prefer Manningham but I would still take Jackson if Manningham is not available the kid can play and if I remember correctly that is about the same size as Lynn Swann when he played the game.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, except defenders are not the same size as when swann played.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He really needs to add 20 pounds to be any chance of a first rounder. He will get killed playing at 167, that is simply way too small.

4. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Swan played with and against some of the greatest ever including Lester Hayes, Mel Blount, Donnie Shell, Ronnie Lott, Mike Reinfeldt and many more.

Swan could play today and be just as good as he was back in the 70-80's.

5. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

He didn't say he played against bad players, he said their size was different. 167 in the nfl is entirely to small. I think he's capable of being a good receiver but he'll need to put on some kind of weight.

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I'd take him at 24. Comparisons to Ted Ginn are not valid... Teddy had only straight line speed and didn't have hands that you would expect for a WR. DeSean has neither of those problems.

7. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

yeah i'd agree... People say that this will knock him out of the 1st round? no. because i'm pretty sure he would get picked up with the 24th pick of the draft.

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Really? No way they get bigger than that in High School. How does this help your arguement?

Theres bigger WR in High School than Jerry Rice........amazing.

I don't care how big you are if you can play football at a high level what does it matter if your 6'4 220 lbs. Randy Moss or 5'10 185 lbs. Steve Smith. When healthy they both are uncoverable so what does it matter.

9. HorusKing

HorusKing Guest

Look Marvin Harrison came in around the same weight and he is still small maybe 180 at the most and he isn't 6'0 tall either so i have no problem with Desean Jackson.

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I mean, unless he is just a freak of nature, there's no way that he won't be able to put on about 15 more pounds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar