DeSean Jackson for 2008

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Puck, Sep 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

David Carr wasn't Pac-10 he is from the WAC.

As many players you can name from any conference there's going to be many busts. Look at the all mighty Ryan Leaf I'm suprised you didn't bring him up.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

dammit, that was my gem, i even thought of him as i was looking players up....i just forgot to type it :irked:

3. Titanics

Titanics Guest

It's all relevant to where we end up in the draft. We could add a playmaking WR but look at the rookie WRs right now. Besides Calvin Johnson, no 1st rounder really made an impact on his team in week 1.

A guy I am high on (even tho his team is down) is Super Mario Manningham out of Michigan. Again depending on where we are drafting, it wouldn't hurt to get a playmaker. I would rather us lure in a big time free agent WR or trade for one. They are more of a sure thing.

4. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

It's a lot harder for QB's to make it than position players, if you look at the top 10 busts, the only Pac-10 are QB's Akili Smith, Leaf and Marionovich.

Colt Brennen from Hawaii had 60tds and 6 picks last year, I don't give him as much credit as I do his scheme obviously. It's hard to gauge how well he'll do in the NFL, but they're a BCS ranked team and I don't think he's the next coming of Joe Montana. Each individual has to be looked at for what they can do themselves that's all.

I'm not going to try to convince ANYONE of something like "Pac-10 has the best people in the world!!!" or anything like that. Pac-10 gets talked down a lot, yet Tennessee found out that Cal can play ball.

Top 10 "Biggest Busts" (of course only one opinion but most look like this)
    2. Tony Mandarich, OT Michigan State
    3. Brian Bosworth, LB Oklahoma
    5. Lawrence Phillips, RB Nebraska
    6. Heath Shuler, QB Tennessee
    7. Blair Thomas, Ki-Jana Carter, Curtis Enis - RBs Penn State
    8. Bruce Pickens, CB Nebraska
    9. Andre Ware, QB Houston

5. DirtyDime10

DirtyDime10 Guest

I would absolutely love to see us draft DSJ. If you say rookies cant make an impact, watch a few YouTube videos of this guy (esp the one against TN) and tell me you don't see him breaking Hester's record.

6. Fry

i think i might be jumping on the desean jackson wagon, only because i don't see a whole hell of a lot else out there.

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

It doesn't matter what conference you play for in college. If your good at football and produce it's not his fault that he plays in that conference. Earl Bennett is a great WR that is under the radar right now but won't be come closer to April. Plenty of players from every conference and even D-II players have succeeded and well haven't done so well. Saying a guy is good or isn't because of where he plays is just stupid.

Bennett, Jackson, Sweed, Mannigham....any of those guys could be great or bust lets hope we get the one that great. Just naming a few not saying we will get on of them.

8. Fry

for the love of god i didn't say he wasn't good, i just said his numbers were inflated a bit.

9. MttyTitan

MttyTitan Guest

Hi, do you really think we need another wide receiver? i think a good tight end would be much better now that troupe has done nothing.
    Are there any good ones in the 2008 class.

10. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

There are lots of great recievers that will likely come out.

DeShaun Jackson
    Limus Sweed
    Adaraus Bowman
    Early Doucet
    Malcom Kelly
    Andre Caldwell

those are the ones off the top of my head. The two I like the best are Bowman and Doucet, I'm pretty sure Doucet will likely be the first reciever taken in the draft, you don't pass on his kind of speed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar