Desean Jackson released

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LoneWolf, Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PA724_Titans

PA724_Titans Special Teams Standout

The Sherman part wasnt directed at you. Not knowing if you thought it was or not but thats not where I was coming from. Was an example I was using.

But if.you have a friend who isnt a gang member, and he has always been there for you and is your right hand, would you throw all of that away if the guy robbed someones house? Because sh+tty ppl do that. Doesnt mean they are a bad person overall or that theyre a gang member.

2. PA724_Titans

Wolve in Sheeps clothing. No one is who they say they are. Especially ppl making millions on millions of dollars.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I guess my friends are always my friends no matter what, but I give them my advice on the matter and try to help them, but I would then distance myself.

4. RavensShallBurn

Fights in baseball have absolutely nothing to do with gangs nor do they resemble any sort of gang activity.

If there are current gang bangers in sports I hate them by default. And they are (hopefully) not welcome on my team.

Can you name any athlete in particular?

5. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Gang associations are not a good thing IMO. I see young kids -talking 13 years old shot up on a regular basis. Just a couple of weeks ago a gentlemen was coming home from work after church with dinner for his wife, and he caught a bullet in his forehead while driving through a crossfire. It lodged in the back of his head. He was kept alive for his organs. So much useless violence. Screw gangs and their members. Why someone would kick it with someone associated with a gang is beyond my understanding.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Well put. Let's not turn this into an issue where anyone defends gangs. Gangs are one of the most parasitic entities in existence. There should be no softening of this. The issue is that sometimes people you care about make terrible decisions but that doesn't automatically mean you erase them completely from your life.

I definitely understand distancing yourself but even after distancing yourself someone can claim you have "ties" to that person. This is why I am skeptical of such a vague statement. For all we know Desean is distanced from these people but they are still a part of his past or they cross paths ocassionally. Just being spotted in a club with a known gang member is enough for the police to say you have "gang ties".

7. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

^^Valid point sir- I must of misread intent in some of the above posts. I do understand that individuals have no choice in where they got their start, and knowing a gangster is by no means indicative of a persons intent. I will say that Jackson being released in such a way smells of a damning indictment.

8. PA724_Titans

No but neither can you...and you didnt know about.DeSeans case until a few weeks.ago.sooo...

9. RavensShallBurn

Right and it forced me to stop being a fan of his.

I also remember a few years ago he made a nice gesture to a (black) teen boy who was nearly beaten to death in Philly by a group of white punks. He showed up on an Oprah type show and talked with the kid and whatnot. DeSean was the kid's favorite player, so it basically made the little guy's life.

Now I feel cheated. He set a good example by doing that. And now he's setting a bad example by being affiliated with gangs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RavensShallBurn

I had class with a thug in high school. C*cksucker had his mugshot on the front of his binder and talked about jail all the time and watching his homies kill random people. I don't know how much was true, but certainly enough to the point that I stayed the **** away from him.

I hope he's dead. And I don't feel the least bit cold saying that. He deserves to be six feet under.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar