Desean Jackson released

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LoneWolf, Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PA724_Titans

PA724_Titans Special Teams Standout

It's sad that celebs have one bad thing said about them and it becomes who they are whether it was true or not. Sometimes it's right and they deserve it, sometimes not.

This may or may not be the case in this situation, but as long as he isn't killing innocent ppl and selling drugs to kids and pregnant women, he's A-OK in my book.

I wouldn't care who they're friends are as long as they are a genuine nice person themselves. And I know Jack about DJack so im reserving my judgement.

But you that want to judge while not knowing the entire truth can do so if you wish. But to righteous ppl (not saying I'm one lol) that would be unjust and immoral.

2. PA724_Titans

Question. How come fans tend to forgive players for doing certain things when that player is on your favorite team. Yet a player from another team will get hammered the same just because you weren't a particular fan of that person in the first place.

And that's not directed to anyone. Just a general statement.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

The closest person I can think of is Pac man, and he really hasn't been forgiven.

The rest of it is just homerism and trash talk.

4. PA724_Titans

Right. I was thinking Ryan Braun because I'm watching the Orioles Red Sox game at the moment but, yeah.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

LOL wow. I can't believe you just compared a baseball team to an actual gang.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

SawdustMan when are you going to change your insignia, it's depressing, especially when it's preseason. Optimism is essential

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It's a direct quote from Munch I always liked making fun of him for. I guess I probably should change it now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. PA724_Titans

By no means am I saying they are one in the same, but a brawl in baseball is no worse than a big fight in the street.

The only difference is one goes to jail and the others punishment is not playing a game or two, but still getting paid millions of dollars.

Athletes are looked up to by kids. You think it send a good.message when their fav players are getting into a huge fight?

Yet you see 4 guys in the street fighting and all of a sudden they are bad ppl or "thugs".

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Another difference is that murders don't regularly occur during baseball scuffles. You seem to be suggesting that gang life is nothing more than fist fights and rap music. We both know that's not true. Bloods, Crips, and the like are actual criminal organizations that commit murder, theft, assault, drug dealing, and various other illegal activities. That's quite different than a baseball team.

No I don't think it sends a good message to kids. I just think there's a world of difference between a baseball scuffle and a gangfight.

I wouldn't automatically assume 4 guys fighting in the street were "thugs". I've been in my share of fights over the years and I don't consider myself a thug. Now, if those 4 guys fighting in the streets were known gang members then I absolutely would consider them "thugs".

10. PA724_Titans

Well you're the minority in that because to the general public they're first assumption to seeing that is that they must be thugs, hoodlums.

I don't know who the poster was. I believe it was UrbanLegend, that said he seemed DeSean Jackson do something good for a little kid. so how come everybody was quick to believe what they heard over what was seen?

why are you guys so quick to assume what was said to be true? lying is an epidemic these days and everybody lies to the media and the media will report anything with no concern to the consequences that it could have on other people's lives.

somebody wanted me to find a reliable source that says clowney would drop out of the top 10...

so if it's all about reliable sources, how come you guys are quick to believe it when you don't even know who the source of this was? y'all are naive and it is sad for you all to assume Jackson is in a gang or affiliated with a gang just because it was said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar